most urgent help ever (SVS related)

~Kev H~

Standard Member
Reaction score
having a party round my place... my 20-39PC+ has just switched itself off... it feels hot..

do the SVS subs have a thermal cut out?

do you think the power lead may have shaken itself loose?

it is up VERY loud...

Thanks in advance.

Kev

or have i blown the fuse in the lead?

i cant even get the green light on:(

TIA
Kev

WELLLLLL.....what happens if you cahnge the mains lead........????

If it still dont come on....then wait for the party to finish, then take it apart and see if there is an internal fuse.

Its just a case of ilimination by part replacement i'm afraid.

when i blew the driver in mine i emailed tv and he said something along the line of if the green led is off its probably just the fuse and if its not you've blown the driver... of course i had to choose the expensive option! (but svs were fortunately very forgiving and shipped out a new one for free :D)

so you might be ok.. tho i cant be sure - best email them and also find out why its blown if you can

thats the thing.... i've been really good and have been checking the excursion of the driver... it wasnt too dramatic and then all of a sudden.. nowt

if its just the fuse i'm tempted to try and fix it now

its only 12:15 after all... what you reckon?? anybody?? how hard is it to change the fuse on an svs?? is it just a GB domestic fuse type thing?? i can easy find one of them

TIA.. big time

Kev

bless em.. they even include a spare... might upgrade that 2.5amp fuse to 3amps seeing as they think we're on 250Volts... i thought it was lower myself...

K

glad to hear its all well - i had to be subless for about 10 days when i blew the driver.. which is not good at the best of times let alone only a couple of weeks in to having my new toy :/

no probs with this one yet tho :D

hahha... yeah.. using the lappy as a source as there are no conessours here ( i wont even try to speel that at this hour) so i can hear every time you lot reply to this thread... funny

seriously.. thanks tho.. given the party a new lease of life... my neighbours must hate me... NAD C372 at full chat and a SVS sub

brilliant if i do say so myself :clap: :clap:

Rgds

K

I was out on my balocony earlier and I think I may have heard you actually!:laugh:

anyone is welcome round... hahah... I'm near the big sainsburies on Lewes road in Brighton.. still going strong :) :)

it was quite an impromptu party and we've just realised the neighbours are out... there are about 10 people in my small room at the mo.. what a riot
:thumbsup:

cheers to you too slella. i'd be well interested to hear your sub actually... instinctively i wanted a B&W to go with my 604's...

anyway.. for another time.. laters

K

If you fancy a trek down the A27 your welcome to come and have a listen.

Enjoy your party.

Don't uprate the fuse. :rtfm:

It's there to protect you, your sub, your family, your neighbours, your friends and innocent passers-by. :rolleyes:

I'm talking about fire and electric shock in case you haven't caught on yet. :oops:

You want more power for parties simply use two subs. Much cheaper than a 3 Amp fuse! :devil:

BTW: I'm glad I'm not your neighbour if you're using an SVS sub for parties. Unless you're very detached rural? :blush:

BTW2: How on earth do you talk to each other with a well-cranked SVS in the room? :censored:

Nímby

rOAdeh: How did you manage to blow a driver?

The 20-39+ only has a 2.5A fuse? I would have thought that with a 525W amp it would be more than that.

morning all.. i've definately felt better :(

fair point nimby, i'm obviously alot happier that just the fuse went and could be fixed there and then, than i wouldve been finding that the driver had blown. So i'll stick with the 2.5amp fuse.

But having a rated 525Watt output... divided by 230Volts gives 2.3amps already, surely the amp and driver are capable of transient peaks slightly higher than rated output? Also the amp will be drawing more from the mains than the 525Watts its capable of outputting to the driver wont it?

:rotfl: "very detached rural"? no.. think more along the lines of 2nd floor, mid-terrace, student accomodation. We did check neighbours were out both sides though, in our defence.

rOAdeh- were you watching a film or listening to music when your driver blew?

Regards - Kev

Originally posted by Daneel
rOAdeh: How did you manage to blow a driver?

i think it was a duff driver - as i was watching at about -10db (and the sub was not more than 2-3db hot).. although it was star wars ep2 that broke it.

first i managed to ground the sub on sw: ep1 (the scene where they have to cross the planet by sub and the fish attack them) cos there's some pretty stupid bass there. it was fine tho and i turned the sub down in line with the other speakers.

i then watched ep2 the next night with the sub calibrated at 75db and the scene where anakin and amidala go on the refugee ship (it does a flyby across the screen) and the sub grounded again and wouldnt come back on...

needless to say i shat my pants :oops: :( but svs were very forgiving and shipped me over a new one straight away (to be fair i would have felt a bit cheated if id have to pay for a new one when i wasnt even that close to reference but still top service :clap: :clap: :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom