Question Most suitable way to mount a screen to the well

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by bazza92, Oct 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. bazza92

bazza92

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    Picked up a projector screen off ebay for around £40. Now looking to mount it to my wall but no obvious mounting points on it. Any ideas?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jfinnie

jfinnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,895
    Bargain of the year! That is a Draper ReAct screen, close to £1k worth. Frame Vision Light I think. Congrats, I love mine.

They come from factory with a pair of very slim extruded aluminium mounts, which slip under the lip in the extrusion channel.

The installation instructions are here:
    http://www.euroscreens.se/backnet/media_archive/original/a29cbcafda23932c792f25eeda773250.pdf
    I'm sure if you contact Draper UK they can probably sort you our with the brackets.
    (Draper, Inc. Manufacturing Since 1902)

I wouldn't try and hack something together. The screen surface is only a couple of mm from the wall, so if you put some big screws or similar you risk an expensive mistake. The proper brackets are really neat and simple.

3. jfinnie

jfinnie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,895
    Also note, the vertical support bracket looks to have been installed backwards. It is showing through the screen surface :( . The manual shows the correct orientation. The Vertical section sits closest to the wall, with the small brackets spacing it off the screen.