Most scary moment

Simon6776

Prominent Member
Reaction score
We've had the best 'make you jump' scene, but what about the best scary moments, where, as the tension builds, you sink lower and lower into the sofa?

Examples: In Alien, where they are searching for the baby after it bursts from John Hurt's stomach, or more recently, when the giant spider, Shelob, is hovering over Frodo's head!
horror.gif

Another of mine is in Wrong Turn, where they are searching round the shack...

I'm a bit reluctant to give mine since it could spoil the enjoyment of the film for anyone who may not have seen it. Suffice to say it's the most horrific scene in Takashi Miike's Audition :eek:

ah audition , yep I know the scene you are talking about, and to think I nearly turned the film off halfway through. :nono:

but i think sixth sense when the child is under the makeshift house of blankets and cushions and you know something going to happen :eek:

or event horizon when sam o'neil is in the shaft and the lights go out

THE HAUNTING (Old version )
Two Parts :-

The bit when the two women are in the bedroom and you hear the noises outside the door then the handle turns and then there is this realy loud crashing and banging on the door and the door starts to bend inwards. :eek:
Gets me every time. Wish they would remix that bit in DTS !!!

And the bit where claire Bloom is in her room and you can see faces in the wallpaper. Spoookie

Infact the whole dam film does me in AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hi,

I well i have more than one, all scary in their own way. Theres so many, here my favs of recent.

The bed scene in The Grudge 1 aka Ju-on.

The bath in Dark Water.

The bus shelter in Eye2

rai

I’d have to say the Blair Witch Project.
What scared me was that I’d been gullible enough to pay to see this load of tripe.

opening my bank/credit card statement every month is the scariest thing ever!!!!

Gary

The Vanishing,
The Exorcist (various scenes)

Uncomfortable viewing (not particularly scary):-
Shallow Grave - hammering in the knife, sawing....

The moment I learned there would be a Scooby Doo 2.

It's got to be the "handy" bit at the end of Carrie....I fell of my stool all those years ago when watching the rented Betamax version!

The man behind the diner in Mullholland Drive!
Very very nearly messed me keks.

Seeing A Nightmare on Elm Street on Christmas Eve when I was 10!! Not good.. Esp. the alley scene when Freddy has those really long arms, scrapping along the walls..

Blair Witch was only scary for me right at the end in the house.. Eek.

Sixth Sense - the scene previously mentioned.. Very Scary.

Ghostwatch - remember the BBC programme? :|

Simon6776 said:
Yeah, that got me too. That scene lived with me for days!
horror.gif

What? The bit where the bloke's having a p**s against the wall?

Actually, when I was young, Hellraiser freaked me out because I associated the little box (the Lament Configuration) with a rubick's cube. Wouldn't touch the thing for weeks :blush:
Actually, that cenobite with the chattering teeth freaked me out too.

A **** against the wall? Er shhhit, I guess he could of been... :|

I remember that's what peolpe in the cinema thought. Some were laughing. Me, I was just relieved the movie was over.

Most of Alien was scary once they found the eggs.

Mr.D said:
The man behind the diner in Mullholland Drive!
Very very nearly messed me keks.

Totally agree - Nearly died when it happened. Completely the last thing you were expecting to see.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom