Question Most reliable in-car DVD player

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by pinguin, Jun 14, 2015.

1. pinguin

pinguin
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, I was wondering if I could pick your brains as to what brands or models of in-car DVD player are thought to be the most reliable?
    I'm looking for a twin screen in-car (back of headrest) DVD player. Don't really mind what it has in terms of functionality, just need one that won't suddenly stop playing Peppa Pig 20 minutes into a 3 hour drive home from holidays, like our last one (Nextbase) did.

Thanks!

2. outoftheknow

outoftheknow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,579
    How old is it? Halfords back up their goods don't they? I assume that is Halfords?

Otherwise I would say any around that price point should do the job. If they don't do the job then they are not fit for purpose I would think :)

First though are you sure the power was in both ends properly or was 3 hours some kind of disappointing battery life? Is the power adaptor maybe defective? I'm sue you covered the obvious so I would say head back to Halfords and state they are not fit for purpose - whether they are in or out of warranty. :)

3. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,363
    Taking a different tack - have you considered tablets over a DVD player?
    If you can be bothered to rip and compress your kids DVDs then the battery life etc. is much better and they will be useful outside the car too?
    When the kids are old enough they can use them as tablets, until then just set them up as movie players.

These are great quality refurbs from Argos £59.99
    Asus Google Nexus 32GB Wi-fi 7" Inch Tablet 1st Generation - Black | eBay

Add a couple of headrest mounts for £10 and £5 for a dual USB charger to go in the cigar socket.
    Universal In Car Headrest Back Seat Holder Mount for iPad 1 2 3 4 & Tablets | eBay