Question Most popular online FPS at the moment?

gameover16

Ex Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering what the post popular FPS is at the moment?

Recently I purchased COD:WW2 but just not feeling it, I'm slugging along but finding it boring.

It may be that i'm done with FPS but i'd like to try something else to see if I can get excited again. The problem with buying older game it may be dead and spend most of the time at in the lobby.

I'm not particularly bothered about theme/style at the moment, it just needs to be fun to play and packed with players.

I'm not particularly bothered about theme/style at the moment, it just needs to be fun to play and packed with players.

Not really FPS but mostly 3rd person shooters seem to be popular at the moment (some have FPS type modes/views):

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG) - Seems to be pretty popular and has a tonne of player but that game is in early access and has lots of bugs (I still get the game crashing out a lot on me) but I find it massilly fun when playing with friends and not taking it seriously.

Fortnite Battle Royal - Not the the standard/original game but the free to play Battle Royal shooter is very popular and busy.

If it's out and out FPS you're after you might want to look at the likes of Destiny 2, Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2 and Rainbow Six: Siege.

Fortnite, it's free and you won't have any issues getting a game.

Otherwise my suggestions would be as above, Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2, grab a month of EA Access and try them out.

I am sure a lot of people will suggest PUBG and you can get it for under £15 but it's frustrating and not very polished unlike the other games mentioned.
Imo it needs a lot more updates for it to be enjoyable but that's the whole reason for it being in Early Access.

Online FPS is in an interesting place right now. BR is flavour of the month, and is taking the attention. Fortnite and PUBG. But these games are very different (not even really first person as FN forces 3rd person and PUBG is best IMO in 3rd person) as they are more like survival shooters than out and out FPS games.

Titanfall 2 doesn't have a big community. Battlefield 1 has generally dropped off a bit over time though still has a good community. No X enhancement though disappoints me. Destiny 2 has been a huge disaster and has a low population (for a game of its type).

The most popular non-Battle-royale ongoing FPS is probably Overwatch. But that is team based and highly competitive. Best FPS released this gen though.

I've tried Fortnite and I suck. also i've no friends to play with.

Basically i'd run around a map for 5 minutes until I encountered an enemy, we will have a quick shoot out, usually resulting in my death, rinse, repeat.

I just didn't see the appeal..I don't get much gaming time so to spend most of it running around doing nothing isn't the best use of the time I do get :rotfl:

I've played Overwatch and do like it but as you say it's highly competitive and the matches can get a little crazy.

I've heard good things about Rainbow Six, may be worth a shot.

Rainbow Six is very good but highly competitive and as a new player you will get rinsed on your own and will have to put in the time to learn the operators and maps imo.

If coming from COD then TF or BF will be your best bet I reckon. You will easily get games and you can put in as little or as much time as you see fit.

New Battlefield game this year too. Which might make it worthwhile going with BF1 now and learning the ropes. Then when Battlefield (V- WW2) arrives it will have a huge community and you'll already be in the flow of a Battlefield game.

Try black ops 2, don't take long to get the a hang of, and plenty of new people (as well as experts) on there,

BO2 could be a good shout, I played that alot "Back in the day", may also try BF1

Thanks for the suggestions.

CoD has had it's day I'm afraid. The franchise has become too congested and obsessed with micro transactions. There is just no point in 'the grind' any more.

I've max prestiged on most of them and usually end up in the top 7-8,000 in the world rankings but I just can't be arsed with it all any more.

Rainbow Six has been mentioned, it is very good.

I've tried Fortnite and I suck. also i've no friends to play with.

Basically i'd run around a map for 5 minutes until I encountered an enemy, we will have a quick shoot out, usually resulting in my death, rinse, repeat.

I just didn't see the appeal..I don't get much gaming time so to spend most of it running around doing nothing isn't the best use of the time I do get :rotfl:

I've played Overwatch and do like it but as you say it's highly competitive and the matches can get a little crazy.

I've heard good things about Rainbow Six, may be worth a shot.
I'm still playing rainbow six, new stuff coming soon too

I might try it, probably be rubbish at it

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom