1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

most looking forward to

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by -Jay-, Aug 30, 2002.

1. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    what games are you looking forward to.

on xbox i want.
    halo2
    colin mcrae 3
    blink time sweeper
    shenmue 2

on ps2 i want
    pro-evolution 2
    smack down sym
    ratchet & clank

2. Splinter

Splinter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Xbox

Splinter Cell
    Halo 2
    Project Ego

Gamecube (yet to buy)

Super Monkey Ball
    Mario Sunshine
    Resident Evil

PC

Mafia
    Battlefield 1942

I used to be a Xbox only guy, but since seeing some of the stuff on the GC I'm looking forward to picking one up in a few weeks time.

3. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    all i want is pro evo 2 thats it,thats all,what more would or can you need lol :D

4. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    lol I agree Silverback ^_^

Heres my want list anyway in no order...

Xbox
    Tekki
    Halo/Halo II
    Blinx
    Ninja Gaiden
    HOTD III

PS2
    Wild Arms III
    XenoSaga
    BoF V
    Tekken IV
    Gran Turismo IV
    Suikoden III
    Colin Mcrae III
    TimeSplitters II
    Star Ocean III
    GTA: VC
    FF XII
    DMC II
    Time Crisis III
    Z.O.E II

GameCube
    StarFox Adventures
    Metroid Prime
    Zelda
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
    Resident Evil 0
    Super Monkey Ball II (yet to receive it!)
    Ikaruga

PSX
    Valkyrie Profile
    Dragon Quest VII
    Guitar Freaks
    Dew Prism

(Mainly titles that I have yet/about to pick up....)

GBA
    Golden Sun II
    FF CC
    FF3
    Mario RPG
    SFA3
    Yoshi's Island

DC
    Virtual On
    Samba De Amego

That'll do for now ^_^

5. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,100
    Surely you will be better off putting Ikaruga under the DC wants :p It will be coming out a lot quicker!

GC
    Mario Kart
    Soul Fighter

GBA
    Any of the Fire Emblem series (thx to Neoblade on getting me keen on these!)

PC
    Star Wars Galaxies
    Mafia
    UT 2003
    CS - Condition Zero
    EVE Online
    Doom3

I haven't mentioned any of the games already said as they are also ones I want :p

6. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    jesus wept neo thats what i call a wanted list lol kinda makes mine look a bit sad really lol.mmmmmmmmmmmmm pro evo2 :D

7. Rock Da Bass

Rock Da Bass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +586
    Not sure why all the fuss about Metroid on the GC. Looks fairly ordinary to me, but then I never played the original games way back (had an Amiga in the SNES days).

Timesplitters looks the best FPS option on the GC until Perfect Dark finally arrives. I won't be fooled into buying a Turok game again, that's for sure.

Mind you, at the moment my gaming focus is on October 4th. Bring on the fat plumber!

RDB :)

8. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Metroid... Drool lol ^_^ Man I've been waiting for a new Metroid game as long as the next Mario. IMO Super Metroid is one of the best balanced and atmospheric games of its generation and deserves its title as a classic. All classics age well and this game is no exception. While I was rather angry at the "First Person Adventure" switch I can't see the game designed to work in either way now... Unless it was all done like Tomb Raider. This game has an awful lot to live up to, especially thanks to its perspective change but I hope that no-one will think that this is a FPS since its not designed to be.

Silverback, lol it is a bit of a list but I missed out a few because it was a bit late ^_^

Mario Kart Online is one title I really hope will come to fruition and I missed out the new Harvest Moon, Fire Emblem (Nintendo better release this game... Or HELL will break loose), Doom III (PC since by that time I'll have a top PC ^_^), the new 3D Street Fighter (developed by Capcom and not Arika) and some other PS2 RPGs that I have forgotten >_< Also for retro fans Radiant Silvergun on the Sega Saturn and Dodonpachi... I wish shooters like these were still out ^_^

PS. Sinzer - My mate has the DC Ikaruga but I'm getting the "worldwide" GameCube release which will have extra worlds and weapons I believe.

9. Drunken Master

Drunken Master

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Mario Kart Online, WOW that would be awesome lets all join hands and pray that nintendo do this and make it as good as the snes version?

I am on the lookout for a snes (jap or us) just so I can play SMK and super tennis, still the best sports game on any console. Does anyone have a console for sale?

10. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,100
    Ahhh, super smash tennis, that was AMAZING!!!

Hard to do an update in these days of 3d graphics, I think I read somewhere there may be a GBA release.

Metroid will be a platform/adventure game primarily, isn't it going along the same lines as Jedi Knight 2, where some areas are FPS and some areas are best completed in 3rd person?

11. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Metroid Prime is entirely in the first person perspective and the view only changes when Samus morphs into a ball. I'm not sure if the grappling hook is still there and if it switches to a 3rd person view for that as well... From initial previews it looks like there will be a fair bit of exploration since you have the scan visor to gain information from enemies, plants, etc etc. 4 visors are available once all collected and all of them must be used to get anywhere in the game. A lot of emphasis is on exploration much like in Super Metroid but that doesn't mean that there isn't any shooting involved ^_^

As for a US/Japanese SNES... I don't know any places other than ebay that will sell them.. Maybe Groundy knows a site?

Smash Tennis is still a superb title although Virtua Tennis is pretty sweet as well. The GBA and GC are ideal platforms for multiplayer games like this so I wonder why its taking so long for any decent tennis titles to come out...