• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Most iPhone Owners don’t know this (do it today)

Autopilot

Distinguished Member
I see this really bizarre ‘Smartfeed’ advert at the bottom of every Sky news article.

The picture is of someone pushing a toothpick into the lightning port of an iPhone, or wrapping tin foil around one, yet the advert is actually for a dodgy looking security app.

Which starts with... “If you live in the UK, you have probably already heard about... [I’m not going name the app]” ...Hold on, I thought they said most iPhone owners don’t know, but now they probably have?

And it states that it protects your iPhone by “removing unwanted codes, wiping your browser history, and creating additional RAM space to ‘declutter’ the system.” which just sounds like complete nonsense IMO, that no one needs.

Firstly, how do they get away with such blatantly false and misleading advertising, especially on national new media outlets (I know it’s not their advert, but they still allow it)?

And secondly has anyone here ever actually bought this app?

Dave X

I see this really bizarre ‘Smartfeed’ advert at the bottom of every Sky news article.

The picture is of someone pushing a toothpick into the lightning port of an iPhone, or wrapping tin foil around one, yet the advert is actually for a dodgy looking security app.

Which starts with... “If you live in the UK, you have probably already heard about... [I’m not going name the app]” ...Hold on, I thought they said most iPhone owners don’t know, but now they probably have?

And it states that it protects your iPhone by “removing unwanted codes, wiping your browser history, and creating additional RAM space to ‘declutter’ the system.” which just sounds like complete nonsense IMO, that no one needs.

Firstly, how do they get away with such blatantly false and misleading advertising, especially on national new media outlets (I know it’s not their advert, but they still allow it)?

And secondly has anyone here ever actually bought this app?

There's a similar smart watch ad that is often there, all the pictures in the link are of the Apple Watch but it's some cheap Chinese watch, I don't think there's any control over these ads.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom