1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

most haunted live,

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by MrFurious, Nov 1, 2004.

1. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,583
    It was pretty good last night,all that glass spinning and crew getting ill,it even got mentioned on radio1 today.best live event yet :eek:

2. Links

Links

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I missed it but what do you mean by the crew getting ill?

3. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,583
    in the nlast hour they held a seance in a buiding,they did the glass spinning thing and different members of the crew started to get picked on by the spirits,a few felt strangled another couldnt breathe and got carried out all coughing and spluttering,the lady called cath i think passed out and carl didnt know where he was,he was shaking.....i thought it was pretty good.

4. jelly

jelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    utter crap they had to make it a good episode cos theres a new most haunted boxset on its way out and that fake derek has a new tour in the new year was ****** nothing happened apart from acorah doing his "possesed" act and that women shrieking all ovwe the place

5. Duvel

Duvel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I used to quite like most haunted, but recently Derek seems to be going over the top with the amount of times he gets "Possesed" by spirits. It all seemed a bit set up to me last night. And as for saturday nights show, Derek seeing alien spirits, what's all that about then ;) . I think I preferred the French and Saunders take on most haunted, they seemed to have it down to a tee :)

6. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,057
    Yeah, it's odd how such rare phenomena as these happen every time they do a live show isn't it. The glass spinning is complete nonsense, you can tell they're moving it cos it stops moving in a certain direction once one of them runs out of reach.... The only way I'll be impressed is if a) they go to a mystery location and don't tell Derek where it is they're going so that he doesn't have the benefit of being able to research it, if he can come up with names relevant to the location under those circumstances then it might lend some credibility to it b) if the glass moves WHEN NOBODY IS TOUCHING IT!

Cheers,
    Andy.

7. Duvel

Duvel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    The glass moving business did seem a bit obvious didn't it. Unfortunately my other half insists on watching it and won't hear a bad word said about Derek. I was watching earlier tonight and there was a big build up to probably the most frightening bit of footage they've ever shown. "Join us after the break" they said "for some really frightening evidence" What do they show....... a table with wobbly legs that they push around till it falls apart ;) Best laugh I had tonight anyway. :laugh:

8. realslimcookie

realslimcookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    When i first began watching Most Haunted on Liviing TV (Sky channel 112) i really believed that paramnormal activity existed but now i am fall more sceptical since watching more episodes. They go to places where every other night of the year there is loads of paranormal activity apart from the night the most haunted team seem to perform their investigation, We only get an occassional orb on the digi cam that is dust floating in the air or banging upstairs. The best one was where they investigated the Drury Lane Theatre in London where one of the seats had been put into the seated position on its own, fresh with bum cheek imprints - priceless! What does
    anybody else think about Most Haunted? I really want to believe in ghosts but this show just seems to make a joke of the whole thing especially when Derek gets possessed and his spiritual guide Sam talks to him, again - priceless.

9. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought it was quite amusing but surely people don't take it seriously. I used to be really interested in all this 'paranormal' stuff but I don't believe it anymore. What really made me laugh was people texting into the show saying things like all their lights went out and they'd just replaced all the bulbs that day, spooky!!! :rotfl:

10. ff2001

ff2001
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You have to remember that it is entertainment. I agree that the earlier episodes of MH seemed "real" but they definately appear hammed up slightly nowdays and is close to becoming a joke, some of the table tipping is laughable, and being the reason not to believe in spirits.

It amazes me that yvette can sit there and talk to spirits and comfort derek when he is possessed, but if someone sneezes two blocks away she jumps three feet.

If you want to believe then there are numerous ways of taking this forward, tv shows will / should never convince you. I have been on a ghost hunt / investigation and can say that some of the things that happened were unsettling, and i am a skeptic. These investigations are not being shown round by a guide but sitting in "haunted structures" through the night and alone / with other like minded souls, and no one is out to trick you or entertain you. sometimes nothing happens at all!

11. Duvel

Duvel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    You're right about the entertainment aspect of the show. It's almost as if they think they have to deliver something "paranormal" for people to be interested. The earlier shows did seem more real because sometimes very little happened. Now it just seems a fright a minute and the "possession" thing happens so much more now. I seem to recall one of the criticisms of Dereks earlier possessions were he always used his own voice rather than that of the spirit. I think he noted this criticism and adjusted his subsequent performances. I remember someone on the DVD forums saying that the regular paranormal investigator (can't recall his name) left the show before the fourth series started and it does seem to have coincided with the show going more the entertainment route.

12. keylion

keylion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I think this show is a complete farce although I do watch it the odd time to see some very poor acting and cheap stunts.

I can't belive people can be taken in by this. One guy at work has to go with his wife upstairs as she is so scared after watching it.

KL

13. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Excellent! :laugh: I have to admit I'm like that when I watch The Exorcist, I know it's not real and I know I shouldn't watch it but it's such a good film. I find turning all the lights on and running up the stairs quickly usually keeps the devil at bay :blush:

Most Haunted is so bad it's laughable now. I rarely watch it but I do remember catching the end of an episode when they were in Holland I think and Yvette was asking Derek how he can understand the spirits in another langauge, she asked if they were speaking Dutch! Apparently the spirits speak in a universal language that his guide Sam can understand, so now you know! :lesson:

14. ReggieDaMole

ReggieDaMole
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My arse........

15. Duvel

Duvel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Yes I see what your saying, but surely when Derek is possed by a spirit, spirit guide Sam is not involved :confused: . If I were Derek and Sam did have some sort of say over who was possessing me and allowing the malevolent attacks I think I'd be looking for a new spirit guide ;)

16. Tracey

Tracey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Exactly!! :rolleyes:

17. keylion

keylion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I think the only spirit Derek is possessed with must be Vodka to come out with that amount of garbage.

KL