Most Disturbing Videos Ever.

Nick_UK

Banned
Yes, AML does seem to be going from the sublime to the ridiculous ! Seems to be the sort of person who won't believe that cyanide tablets are poisonous until he's tried them for himself. He needs to tell for himself if paedophilia is actually wrong.

Really pathetic !

And with regards to WW2 footage, just point me to the footage which shows people actually being killed. Vehicles blown up, yes. Aircraft being shot down, yes. People being killed - no. Some newsreels did show dead bodies, though. When colour film was used, extra precautions had to be taken because blood hardly showed up at all on black & white film.

AML

The Dude said:
The difference AML, is that the stuff you've seen quite probably only ever happened because people will want to download and watch it.. that was the parallel I was making.
Very very different from footage of war (old or new) people that would have been killed anyway, regardless of media coverage, the internet....

You can't compare the two in my eyes.

If people download this stuff, they play a part in it ever having been made, because it was at least partly, if not entirely, made for people to download.

It WAS made for people to see. But then isnt that the same for the footage taken from all the concentration camps in germany?
Footage is made to be seen.

It shouldnt matter if that footage needs to be downloaded or watched on TV.
We choose to download the same way we choose what channel to watch.

You could say that people who watch TV are responsible for its existance.

Nick_UK

Banned
AML said:
It WAS made for people to see. But then isnt that the same for the footage taken from all the concentration camps in germany?
Footage is made to be seen.

The concentration camp footage was made because some people couldn't believe that the Jews were being treated in such a vicious manner. However, that was 1945, and this is 2005. Nobody doubts the viciousness of Islamic militants, because we've all seen what they're capable of. If you're watching it, it's for your own personal gratification, and nothing else.

AML

Nick_UK said:
Yes, AML does seem to be going from the sublime to the ridiculous ! Seems to be the sort of person who won't believe that cyanide tablets are poisonous until he's tried them for himself. He needs to tell for himself if paedophilia is actually wrong.

Really pathetic !

And with regards to WW2 footage, just point me to the footage which shows people actually being killed. Vehicles blown up, yes. Aircraft being shot down, yes. People being killed - no. Some newsreels did show dead bodies, though. When colour film was used, extra precautions had to be taken because blood hardly showed up at all on black & white film.

I think you are blowing things out of proportion. And you seem to be picking on me for no reason.

Im just saying as I did before that since I dont completely trust the media that there are some things i may want to see for myself. This has nothing to do with pedophelia and it never did.

It seems to me that you just take everything by word of mouth and never seem to question that information.
Thats the feeling I get from your posts.
Hasnt there ever been something you have wanted to see with your own eyes?

AML

Nick_UK said:
The concentration camp footage was made because some people couldn't believe that the Jews were being treated in such a vicious manner. However, that was 1945, and this is 2005. Nobody doubts the viciousness of Islamic militants, because we've all seen what they're capable of. If you're watching it, it's for your own personal gratification, and nothing else.

You just said that "we've all seen". That contradicts everything youve been saying till now.
And thats the point im trying to make. We DONT all see what they are capable of becuse footage is never shown on the news. Its always edited.

All ive done is watched the un-edited footage. Im sure im not the only person.

Nick_UK

Banned
AML said:
I think you are blowing things out of proportion. And you seem to be picking on me for no reason.

Im just saying as I did before that since I dont completely trust the media that there are some things i may want to see for myself. This has nothing to do with pedophelia and it never did.

Ahh, you are denying that you said "As for pedophelia, who gets to decide that its "wrong"?. " I didn't bring up the subject, someone else did.

AML said:
It seems to me that you just take everything by word of mouth and never seem to question that information.
Thats the feeling I get from your posts.

Not at all. However, are you in a position to judge whether something is real, or dramatised ? In any case what difference can it make ? If it's faked, it's pointless, if it's not, it's watching a murder. Sorry, neither of those interests me.

AML said:
Hasnt there ever been something you have wanted to see with your own eyes?

Yes, lots of things. But you are not seeing them with your own eyes. You are watching a movie, which could have been staged, edited, or completely fabricated. How much closer does that get you to the truth ?

Nick_UK

Banned
AML said:
You just said that "we've all seen". That contradicts everything youve been saying till now.

Why does it? We've seen Islamic militants murder over 3000 people in the World Trade Centre. We've seen them blow people up in Bali. We've seen them blow people up in London. True, we didn't actually see the limbs flying through the air, but you are the only one who seems to think that if we don't see that, it didn't happen.

AML

Well, as i said before. I really do hope those videos are fake. But since Iraqi insurgents are known to have made these videos, then im inclined to beleive that these are real.

If you saw them you might feel the same way.

Another example of why we should have access to such footage.

Originaly I just wanted to make this thread becuase i trully felt that what I saw was disturbing, and real.
And that even though I had already heard about this, and even seen partial footage on the news, that my opinion on the whole matter is very different now than what it was when I first saw it on the news.

It also made me realise that the news didnt do its job properly.

Im sure people felt the same way when they saw footage from the concentration camps in Germany. Hearing about it on the radio, is very different from seeing it, or even experiencing it first hand as many allied troops had to do.

I just dont think that news should be edited as it is, to shelter us.

Nick_UK

Banned
So, you think Iraqi insurgents don't lie, but the newspapers always do ?

God, no wonder Tony Blair gets away with all his lies, if you are typical of the British public ! :rolleyes:

Adrenochrome

AML said:
I just dont think that news should be edited as it is, to shelter us.

So do you think our kids should get to view beheadings on the news?

Adrenochrome.

Nick_UK

Banned
Adrenochrome said:

Adrenochrome.

Definitely! And don't just let them get away with them saying "Sir Anthony Wilbur-Smith has died of cancer", demand to see the film of the autopsy ! :rolleyes:

AML

Adrenochrome said:

Adrenochrome.

If you use some common sense, theres no reason why young chilldren should have to see such footage.

The same way we stop them from seeing violent movies, theres no reason we cant stop them from seeing violent news.

I think your being a bit simplistic with this comment.

AML

Nick_UK said:
Definitely! And don't just let them get away with them saying "Sir Anthony Wilbur-Smith has died of cancer", demand to see the film of the autopsy ! :rolleyes:

This kind of sarchasm is so unecesary.

If you want my truthfull opinion.
I spent 15 years living in the UK and I always felt that Brits are over sensative and too concerend with censorship.

Every movie I used to watch got cut, every program censored. What a sheltered life you guys have! I feel sorry for you.
Its a big scary world out there. But you stay home, and drink your tetleys tea.

Nick_UK

Banned
Sorry, but we haven't reached the levels of sophistication that you have in Japan with your TV programmes, like the ones where people are physically and mentally tortured for the amusement of the masses. Real sophistication :rolleyes:

AML

Nick_UK said:
Sorry, but we haven't reached the levels of sophistication that you have in Japan with your TV programmes, like the ones where people are physically and mentally tortured for the amusement of the masses. Real sophistication :rolleyes:

:D I dont think ive ever actually seen such a program here. But I do know the ones you are reffering too. Those were shown during the 90's i think?

To be honest Japanese TV leaves a lot to be desired, but at least they dont cut movies to shreds.

Well. this is going well off topic. Actually, if any mods are reading. Please close this thread.

I think ive taken enough abuse from Nick for one day! :)

Adrenochrome

AML said:
If you use some common sense, theres no reason why young chilldren should have to see such footage.

The same way we stop them from seeing violent movies, theres no reason we cant stop them from seeing violent news.

I think your being a bit simplistic with this comment.

Well actually i let my daughter watch violent movies as she knows it is only that. A movie. On the other hand you are saying viewing the beheadings have affected you (who i take it are an adult) what damage would viewing this do to a child who is watching the news on the tv in their bedroom?

I think you need to take a reality check mate :rolleyes:

Nick_UK

Banned
I'm not sure he knows where reality begins, and where video games end.

AML

Again with the abuse. Do i need to report you Nick?

As I said before if you use common sense and not let your kids see news that you know may be violent then I dont see the problem.
Is just Brits that have this problem? Because news in Japan can sometimes contain violent images and people here dont have any problem with it.
Im sure you still have your "9 o clock water shed" was it?
Show full uncensored news after it then!

F

FoxyMulder

Interesting reading this thread, i can see its getting into personal attacks too, pity about that but anyways my opinion regarding news in the UK is that its all politically biased one way or another and there are people out there trying to make us think a certain way, the beauty of the internet is that you can read various sources and come to your own conclusion, something which isn't always possible as regards the UK television news which i find at times does hide the truth or distort it in order to promote a politically motivated version of "someones truth"

I don't want to see real people being killed on the news but at the same time lets say the news is live and it happens, what do you do ? do you cut away to another news item or report what is going on, its not entertainment to show the facts and while movies are entertainment there are shocking things happening in this world which people should see because thats the only way things will change, they won't change by people being told these things on UK News channels which seem to me to be all about infotainment rather than giving people unbiased and true facts theyre change when people in their cosy homes are confronted by the truth no matter how ugly that truth is and certainly things will never change when people get personal and start attacking others opinions just because those opinions make them feel uncomfortable.

I'm now off to watch Will and Grace and sip some nice red wine from The Cape in Africa.

Nick_UK

Banned
AML said:
Again with the abuse. Do i need to report you Nick?

I don't know. Do you ? If you feel the need, go ahead, sport.

Jenn

Novice Member
FoxyMulder said:
its not entertainment to show the facts and while movies are entertainment there are shocking things happening in this world which people should see because thats the only way things will change, they won't change by people being told these things on UK News channels which seem to me to be all about infotainment rather than giving people unbiased and true facts theyre change when people in their cosy homes are confronted by the truth no matter how ugly that truth is and certainly things will never change when people get personal and start attacking others opinions just because those opinions make them feel uncomfortable.

I agree !

C

cityonfire

Regarding world war II footage of people dying. I remember 10 years ago when i was back in school we were watching a video in history regarding some of the main battles. In one of the clips of the british men going over the trench you saw a guy get blown up by mortar fire. All be it very grainy footage, but you could clearly tell what happened. What shocked me more than the footage looking back at it was the fact was most of the kids in my class (all age 15) laughed at the guy who died in the footage :eek: Me myself was shocked by what i saw but made me realise what war really means.

Nick_UK

Banned
Actually laughter is a natural reaction to shock.

Since AML has not figured out for himself why TV companies do not and will not show the nasty videos that he's trying to encourage us to watch, I will tell him why it doesn't and will not happen. The reason is that many people (including myself) would sue the pants off the TV stations concerned for the shock and stress that watching the videos caused them. Don't think for one moment that they don't show them for any moral reasons - it's purely financial.

It's a good thing really, because it's a slippery slope. How long before these fools (who have no regard for human life) start trying to out-do each other in the horrific content, in order to get more TV air time ? Normal people do not need to see graphic images to know what's going on in the world - we already know. If they want to make people more concerned, they should show footage of the effects that these senseless murders have on the victims' immediate families.

shahedz

Distinguished Member
Nick_UK said:
Actually laughter is a natural reaction to shock.

Since AML has not figured out for himself why TV companies do not and will not show the nasty videos that he's trying to encourage us to watch, I will tell him why it doesn't and will not happen. The reason is that many people (including myself) would sue the pants off the TV stations concerned for the shock and stress that watching the videos caused them. Don't think for one moment that they don't show them for any moral reasons - it's purely financial.

i hope we do not become victim to the American culture of sueing everyone and anyone, surely if they were going to show disturbing footage they would warn you , and you can then decide to change the channel, this is going off the point, i dont think they should broadcast images like that on TV anyway, but i think there is nothing wrong with AML for dwonloading it off the net,

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

Falcon Acoustics launches Q7 speaker kit
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Polk launches React soundbar with Alexa
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Amazon Prime Video UK for February 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Dolby honoured by National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences
  • By Andy Bassett