Most Cringeworthy Line/Scene From A Film

Van Helsing:

The Cardinal to VH: "When we found you crawling up the steps of this church, half dead, it was clear to all of us that you had been sent to do God's work." :suicide: :confused:

Batman & Robin:

Dr Freeze:

"Tonight, Hell freezes over!"

"No matter what they tell you Mr. Bane, it is the size of your gun that matters."

"My name is Freeze; learn it well, for it's the chilling sound of your doom."

"The Iceman cometh!"

"Chil!"

"Adam and Evil!"

:laugh: :nono:

Surely The latest Star Wars movie 'Revenge of the Sith' wins hands down.

ANAKIN: You are so beautiful!

PADME: It's only because I'm so in love . . .

ANAKIN: No, it's because I'm so in love with you. :suicide:

Or my favorite which goes something like

MEDICAL DROID: Medically, she is completely healthy, She has just lost the will to live. :eek:

Not only the naffest line ever but we then jump straight to a scene with Anakin, who is nice and crispy after being engulfed in flames after his cape falls into some lava and has had all of his limbs cut off, being miraculously saved by some droids.

Surely the worst line and the most poorly timed follow-up scene ever!!

Lex said:
Batman & Robin:

Dr Freeze:

"Tonight, Hell freezes over!"

"No matter what they tell you Mr. Bane, it is the size of your gun that matters."

"My name is Freeze; learn it well, for it's the chilling sound of your doom."

"The Iceman cometh!"

"Chil!"

"Adam and Evil!"

:laugh: :nono:

You forgot 'Take two and call me in the morning'

Whoever pick Ahnold for that part has serious problems.

Zephram Cochrane to assorted Enterprise crewmembers: "and you're all astronauts... on some sort of 'star trek'".

Oh.... p....l....e....a....s....e!!!

:rolleyes:

Lee Raymond said:
Surely The latest Star Wars movie 'Revenge of the Sith' wins hands down.

Surely the worst line and the most poorly timed follow-up scene ever!!

I am waiting patiently for the DVD and have been avoiding reading newspapers and online articles because i don't want yet another film spoiled by knowing little details, thanks for not putting the spoiler brackets up, much appreciated.

what about...

Robin "Holy rusted metal Batman"
Batman "Huh?"
Robin "You know this metal it's all rusty and full of holes"

WE know why they did that line but pulease cmon..everybody in the cinema groaned at that one...

berth :)

"You're so money, baby."

I apologise FoxyMulder if I have somehow ruined this for you but surely the fact that my post starts with 'Surely The latest Star Wars movie 'Revenge of the Sith' wins hands down' should have rung alarm bells somewhere especially when this is posted in a thread titled 'Most Cringworthy Line/Scene From A Film'

If you didn't want to know/spoil the film then you should have stopped reading after the first line of my post. You seem to have made a big effort not to read newspapers/online articles about this movie, (which I appreciate) so surely the first line was a big enough indication to stop reading, as clearly my post is about a movie that you wish to know nothing about?

Foxy - you should be thanking Lee on bended knee for saving you from £20 wasted!!!

Revenge of the Sith sucks more than a tub full of squid.

Lee Raymond said:
If you didn't want to know/spoil the film then you should have stopped reading after the first line of my post. You seem to have made a big effort not to read newspapers/online articles about this movie, (which I appreciate) so surely the first line was a big enough indication to stop reading, as clearly my post is about a movie that you wish to know nothing about?

The thread is cringeworthy lines and nowhere does it mention there will be spoilers and i enjoy reading about cringeworthy lines and its a bit hard to miss when you are reading the thread as your eyes scan downwards so stopping at the first line is kinda hard and not natural with a persons eyeline, there is a spoilers tag, try using it in future but thank you for the apology.

No film in particular, but I hate it in movies when something escalates into a situation and the guy normally says:

"You can't do this...I'm an American!"

Let's face it, you could pick lines from just about any of the Star Wars Double-Trilogy for inclusion in this thread (and that coming from a self-confessed SW fan).

Lucas always delivers with the visuals, the sound is never anything less than fantastic... but damn, the man is equally consistent in providing movies with the most hackneyed, wooden dialog imaginable.

Off topic but interesting fact - of the six Star Wars movies, the most successful in terms of worldwide box office takes was The Phantom Menace (although if you want to be picky, if you inflation-adjust the original movie's numbers, it's probably the #1). The least successful was The Empire Strikes Back. This is despite TESB being generally considered to be the best of the six movies, while TPM is almost universally thought of as the worst. Someone 'splain that to me (other than the obvious "TPM = Most hyped movie of all time" reason?)

FoxyMulder said:
I am waiting patiently for the DVD and have been avoiding reading newspapers and online articles because i don't want yet another film spoiled by knowing little details, thanks for not putting the spoiler brackets up, much appreciated.

I fail to see how this is going to spoil the plot for you - perhaps you should stick your head in a bucket until you get your DVD!

Foxy, If it matters to you that much then why didn't you go and see at the cinema?

Waiting such a long time for it's DVD realease and avoding the plot etc as much as you can in the meantime is just asking for it to be 'spoilt'.
It' like recording a footy match and waiting a few weeks to watch it and insist that nobody tells you the score and avoid news reports etc....and complain if they give it away!

So let's get this straight Foxy. People should post to this thread about any movie they like EXCEPT ones you haven't seen yet, just in case it contains a spoiler.

Well as long as we're all clear about that.

"I fail to see how this is going to spoil the plot for you - perhaps you should stick your head in a bucket until you get your DVD"!

"Foxy, If it matters to you that much then why didn't you go and see at the cinema" ?

Lets see how will this spoil the plot, hmmm the person gave the final scenes and demise of a character away ( Natalie Portmans ) i was aware of certain things from the trailer but not that scene.

The reason there are spoiler tags is to stop people spoiling things for others, fact is there are many members here just like me who will be waiting for the dvd and who do not have a decent cinema near them, i do not have a decent cinema in the scottish borders and do not drive therefore i cannot get to a cinema and even if i could i prefer my home cinema as the quality of sound is better than most cinema's, last point which i will make again is that there are spoiler tags USE THEM.

Lastly PMC, its not just about me its about all the other members who enjoy reading this thread but do not want movies spoiled, use the SPOILER TAGS, is that so hard to understand ?

Foxy, I agree spoilers are bad. However this whole thread is a spoiler. It talks about scenes from movies. You have to expect that by doing so it may give away plot details. If you don't that to happen don't read the thread at all.

Crikey, I'd better not let slip the fact that Darth is Luke's father. That'll realy spoil it for Foxy.

Nebby said:
Crikey, I'd better not let slip the fact that Darth is Luke's father. That'll realy spoil it for Foxy.

Which brings us to the question...

What is the time scale from a film's initial UK release when a spoiler no longer becomes a spoiler?

6 months? 1 year? After it's been released on DVD? After it's been shown on TV?

Darth is Lukes father :eek: and I thought it was jar jar binks.

Maybe we should have a this thread will container spoilers thingy somewhere, or something similar.
Its gonna be mighty difficult not to look :suicide:

Kevo said:
Which brings us to the question...

What is the time scale from a film's initial UK release when a spoiler no longer becomes a spoiler?

6 months? 1 year? After it's been released on DVD? After it's been shown on TV?

I'd go for the six month rule.

So in 6 months time we can all discuss the finer and more philosophical points of The Wedding Crashers.

Most pre Blade movies by Wesley Snipes.
but especially Passenger 57. Excruciatingly cringeworthy is the scene where the bad guy plays straight man to enable the following hot reply :-
" do you ever play roulette "
" yeah why ? "
" ALWAYS BET ON THE BLACK "
boom boom
I always feel uncomfortable with the scene in Juraissic Park where Laura Dern has to come out with some convoluted response along the lines of " hey, we can discuss sexism in survival situations later "

Van Damme dancing in Kickboxer. ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom