Most Cringeworthy Line/Scene From A Film

Kevo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Instead of just another 'classic line' thread how about a 'most cringeworthy line/scene'. One that reall gets under your skin and no matter how many times you see it, it still make you turn away and wince.

Like...

A few Stallone ones (take your pick)....

"Yo Adrian I did it" speech at the end of Rocky 2

"Vietnam ....He's all over me...crying..." speech at the end of First Blood

Brad Pitt (Troy) - "Immortality take it, it's yours". OUCH!

The sentimental "There's No place like home" scene at the end of the Wizard Of Oz.
(I know it's supposed to be a 'classic scene') :rolleyes:

Costner summing up in court in JFK.

Watched arnie lat night in the 'Sixth day' and found myself cringing in one totally embarrasing quote - this is when the baddies capture arnie who take him to the chief honcho of the cloning facility-

ARNIE - you should make a clone of yourself
HONCHO - why?
ARNIE - so that you can go f... yourself!!!!!!

Along with just about any scene where Robbin Williams does that "awww shucks" thing and tilts his downwards...

Oi! Spielberg!! Hook!!! Just what the fudge were you thinking?

Or how about Demi's "suck my dick" scene with Viggo in GI Jane?

Or the "Captain, my captain" bit at the end of Dead Poets Society. Look! It's Williams, and he's doing the tilty-head thing again! Make him stop, please.

Or maybe Darth's "Noooooo!"

Or maybe Michael Douglas in that sweater in Basic Instinct?

Or maybe it's serial offender Williams doing his thing in Patch Adams? Don't do it Robin. Don't you drop your head. This is your last chance. I'm giving you your final....BASTARD! You did it again.

Its turkey time... Gobble Gobble

do I win?

Jack (worst film ever) directed by Francis Ford Coppolla.

Apocalypse Now ( best film ever) directed by Francis Ford Coppolla

funny old world is it not?

All of Pearl Harbour is pretty bad though .

These certainly make me cringe, but for the right reasons. Meet the Parents. I thank you.

Greg Focker: You can milk just about anything with nipples.
Jack Byrnes: I have nipples, Greg, could you milk me?

[Jack's Poem]
Jack Byrnes: "My Mother" by Jack Byrnes / You gave me life. / You gave me milk. / You gave me courage. / Your name was Angela. / An Angel from Heaven. / But you were also an angel of God. / And he needed you to. / I selfishly tried to hold on to you, / While the cancer ate away at your organs, / Like a rebel force. / And now we'll meet in heaven. / And I shall see you / Nevermore. Nevermore. Nevermore.
Pam Byrnes: Dad, that's beautiful.
Greg Focker: Yes, it was so beautiful, and yet, had so much information.

Jack Byrnes: I'm just curious, did you pick the color of the car?
Greg Focker: Uh no, the guy at the window did, why?
Jack Byrnes: Well they say geniuses pick green.
Greg Focker: Oh.
Jack Byrnes: But you didn't pick it.

Greg Focker: Hey Jack, why don't you tell 'em about your little phone call in Thai.
Dina Byrnes: Jack can't talk Thai.
Greg Focker: Oh no, Dina, Jack can talk Thai. Jack talked Thai real well.

Greg Focker: Don't worry about your little covert op, I'll keep it on the low down.
Denny Byrnes: Down low.
Greg Focker: No doubt.

Deborah Byrnes: No. We are not gonna postpone the rehearsal for some stupid cat.
Jack Byrnes: Stupid cat? How can you say that? That cat's been like a brother to you. And we're supposed to just let him wander the streets without food, water or toilet?
[looking around the house]
Jack Byrnes: Denny. DENNY?
Denny Byrnes: Right here, dad.
Jack Byrnes: Okay, you're subbing for the cat today.
Denny Byrnes: Oh no, I'm not wearing that stupid pillow thing on my head.
Jack Byrnes: Oh yes you damn well will!

Greg Focker: Oh, dear god, thank you, you are such a good god to us. A kind and gentle and accommodating god, and we thank you oh sweet, sweet lord of hosts for the smorgasbord you have so aptly laid at our table this day, and each day, by day, day by day, by day oh dear lord three things we pray to love thee more dearly, to see thee more clearly, to follow thee more nearly, day, by day, by day. Amen.

Nebby said:
Or the "Captain, my captain" bit at the end of Dead Poets Society. Look! It's Williams, and he's doing the tilty-head thing again! Make him stop, please.
Good shout. Put the whole bastard film in while you are at it.

The most cringeworthy line I have ever heard is from the altogether cringeworthy film, Armageddon. :thumbsdow

It comes at the end of the film, after the shuttle lands back on Earth. Ben Affleck and Liv Tyler are snogging away passionately, and then the asshole officer from the shuttle comes right upto them, while they are in mid-snog, salutes and belts out this line:

"Permission to shake the hand of the daughter of the bravest man I have ever met" :eek: (or something like that)

All done straight faced. It is so bad, it is good. I cant watch that scene without creasing up now. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

(100th post. Wahey!! :clap: :clap: :hiya: )

Under Siege 2:

Ryback - Don't be a hero.
Token Comedy Black Guy - No man, you're the hero (said in all earnestness).

"FREEZE YOU BLOODY BASTARDS".....Timothy Dalton in Flash Gordon

I'm hit, I'm hit....
your bleeding man

I aint got time to bleed.....

Predator, the big yank with the evan bigger gun. :)

Cyrus's speech in The Warriors..... "Can you DIG IT"

Just realised I've got all the films on DVD that i've mentioned so far :blush:

Kevo said:
Just realised I've got all the films on DVD that i've mentioned so far :blush:
Just realised that i've not got Warriors on DVD :eek: What a film, espec. the lovely lady gang :smashin: :smashin:

From Top Gun

"You can be my wing man any day"
'Ice Man' (Val Kilmer)

"No you can be MY wing man"
'Maverick' (Tom Cruise)

...lots of hugs and pats on backs follow, accompanied by OTT, over loud 80s music.

AARGGH!!

'Just eager to get up there and whoop ET's arse'

Independance Day

From Godzilla: "That is a big pile of fish." (Come, that's the best you could come up with?)

From Lethal Weapon 2.
Joss Ackland (waving ID): "Diplomatic immunity!"
Danny Glover (blows him away, then): "Just been revoked!"

Kate Winslet jumping back onto the ship in Titanic.

Everyone kneeling to the hobbits in Return Of The King (and indeed much of the film from that point onward, sadly).

Kelly McDonald's finger-clicking speech in The Girl From The Café.

"It's just like Beggar's Canyon back home."

"See you at the party, Richter!" (Total Recall).

"and we will not go quietly into the night!,we will not go out with out a fight!. we are going to live on, we are going to survive, to day, is our independence day!!" :eek:

And dont forget everyone cheering afterwards just to complete the cringe worthy ness :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom