1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most compatible blank media for Pan DMR E50

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by steviewilson, Jun 5, 2005.

1. steviewilson

steviewilson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having a spot of bother with some blank discs, trying to record VHS to DVD (hardly used the recorder until recently, wanting now to archive my old football tapes). Have random success with Princo (I use with the PC no worries, playback on Pan E50 is no probs if I burn on the PC) and also some TDK which I got with the recorder 18 months ago, however, I may be lucky to get 1 out of every 5 to work in the E50. Any suggestions which will save me time and dosh?
    Also I find for easiest / best results I burn the VHS onto a disc, then re author on the PC adding menus and chapters, which usually mean a waste of a disk. Am I better off just buying a new DMR ES10 and use RW disks?

Stevie

2. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
    If you edit them on a PC anyway, cheaper to upgrade your PC to a drive which will handle (at least read) a RAM disc.

Mark

3. steviewilson

steviewilson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone suggest a new dvd writer which will read RAM discs? I have a Pioneer 107d at the moment and I am planning an upgrade to a DL writer anyway.

Stevie

4. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +621
  5. TobyW

TobyW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    My PC has a PIoneer 106 drive, and it reads DVD-RAM from my Panny E85 alright. The only thing I had to do was turn on the DVD-RAM's "protection" flag, in the E85's disk management screen.

As for Princo DVD-R, I've got through a spindle of 50 over the last 12 months on the PC and the E85. Not a single coaster yet, and the oldest ones are still OK. Can't say the same for Princo -RW though.

6. steviewilson

steviewilson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    See, Ive tried reading the RAM disc before and it took ages to find anything, mabey if I add disc protection it will make a difference. Trying now.

Stevie