Most Anticipated 2022 TV Shows

Drax1

Distinguished Member
There's plenty of varied high profile content to look forward to in 2022, from Lord Of the Rings and House Of The Dragon to returnees like The Mandalorian and Gangs Of London. Then there's the final seasons of The Walking Dead, Better Call Saul, Ozark and Happy Valley. One off series such as Kenobi and Pam And Tommy are also looking good. What are you looking forward to?

My top ten currently shapes up likes this -

1. Better Call Saul - Final Season
2. The Mandalorian - Season 3
3. Kenobi - Limited Series
4. Happy Valley - Final Season
5. Last Of Us
6. Ozark - Final Season
7. Gangs Of London - Season 2
8. The Crown - Season 5
9. Cobra Kai - Season 5
10. Trying - Final Season

I'll also be making a beeline for The Walking Deal - Final Season, House Of the Dragon and Lord Of The Rings, Andor, Moon Knight and Ms Marvel.

Last edited:

richp007

Distinguished Member
I hate to be the potential bearer of bad news, but haven't we heard that Better Call Saul is getting split into two for the final season? And I think only the first part is confirmed for 2022 at this point. This might have to do with Bob O's recent heart problems as well though.

So obviously I'm anticipating it greatly, but it might be a bit of a Sopranos: Part 1 job.

Otherwise it's all about Kenobi. Just inject that into my veins right now.

Drax1

Distinguished Member
I hate to be the potential bearer of bad news, but haven't we heard that Better Call Saul is getting split into two for the final season? And I think only the first part is confirmed for 2022 at this point. This might have to do with Bob O's recent heart problems as well though.

So obviously I'm anticipating it greatly, but it might be a bit of a Sopranos: Part 1 job.

Otherwise it's all about Kenobi. Just inject that into my veins right now.
I'm hoping that Saul's first half still lands early 2022 as planned, with the second half arriving by the autumn. I think I remember reading Bob's heart attack occurred when about 3/4 of the filming was completed, so hopefully we'll see it conclude next year.

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Looking forward to Happy Valley, for some reason I’d never watched it up until a couple of days ago, downloaded the first ep on a whim and binged the lot over the last two days.

I'd go with all on your list plus

Vikings: Valhalla

And after binging Silent Witness from the start for the last few months I'd have to say I can't wait for the new series 😂😂

Blue Triangles

Vikings: Valhalla, Better Call Saul, Ozark, The Last Kingdom, The Last of Us and Resident Evil.

Drax1

Distinguished Member
I probably should have mentioned Stranger Things Season 4, and Peaky Blinders - The Final Season.
Stranger Things, I feel has lost a little momentum giving the big gaps between seasons, but I'm sure it'll deliver.
Peaky Blinders I'd be more excited about if I thought it really was the end, but with an upcoming movie, just how final can it be?

SDMDAM

Distinguished Member
Kenobi
The Mandalorian series 3
Andor
Wheel of Time series 2
Lord of the Rings
Ozark series 4
Happy Valley series 3
Peaky Blinders series 6(?)
Stranger Things series 4
Ted Lasso (if confirmed)
Foundation series 2 (if confirmed)

richp007

Distinguished Member
Peaky Blinders
Better Call Saul
Obi-Wan
Andor
The Mandalorian

The Last of Us
has bags of potential, but I always worry about video game adaptations.

Oh and good shout above on Barry. Didn't realise it was back this year. Cracking show.

RicksonGracie1972

Distinguished Member
Vikings: Valhalla, Better Call Saul, Ozark, The Last Kingdom, The Last of Us and Resident Evil.
Are we definitely getting another season of the Last Kingdom this year?

Blue Triangles

Are we definitely getting another season of the Last Kingdom this year?
I don't think it has an official release date as yet but 'early 2022' is what I've read. Almost certainly this year, though. If I was to guess, I'd say around summer time; based on absolutely no logic whatsoever. :D

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom