Most annoying advert on tv: Tet -el- ly tea

EricHitchmo

Established Member
Reaction score
says it all. Would never buy after seeing this ad. Same as the Ford advert with the uber annoying jingle at the end: truly sickening:thumbsdow

You've remembered both brands though haven't you, which I guess is the point. I agree with you though - very annoying.

No, the most annyoing one is that Idiot for Cillit Bang. Why the hell does he needs to shout! I feel like killing someone when that add comes on....

All Red Bull ads, they're soooooo dull

No, the most annyoing one is that Idiot for Cillit Bang. Why the hell does he needs to shout! I feel like killing someone when that add comes on....

It is the way he says 'Barry Scott here' as though we're all supposed to know who the hell he is.

I don't like the one for air freshener where that little Chinese kid is having a ****. I have no desire to see that.:thumbsdow

Has to be the new Lynx adverts - the first one was bearable but the new ones are just painful - I have to change the channel whenever they come on.

Bhmmm chicch awawa - god help us all

Halifax ads annoy me (as do most bank ads). All that money spent on them and I wonder if it would be better spent on their services.

And davina doing here hair"bye mum" argh hope she dyes it and it all falls out!!!

And picture the loan it's so poor! with the tony hart music....aaaarrrrggghhhhh

I agree totally with battle that lynx ad gets on my nerves I don't even wanna repeat it for fear of ruining my day :lease:

I hate almost every ad but the worst are those where their lives are turned around because they've saved a few bob on their insurance, electric or whatever. There was one where they were dancing around the street, might have been a conga. I had to switch stations. Now I mainly record everythihg so I can whizz through the adverts

Got to be Picture Loans, the acting is soooooo bad and corny..(Husband) "They're just so easy to talk to"....(wife) " yeah about football "........or something like that. There other add stinks too, the one with the annoying gordie woman..."Josh dads found your scoootta". Even writing about it makes me angry.

Got to agree about all of the above. The new idea with advertisers seems to be that they can annoy us into buying their wares. Another one that grinds my gears is the Aero advert where there's two women talking with their mouths full about "feeling the bubbles melt". I'm not obsessed with manners or anything but the sound of somebody talking with their mouth full is really quite irritating.

I have this image of stereotypical advertising folk in bow ties and red framed glasses saying things like, lets run that up the flag pole...ok great, so we're all agreed, the best way to advertise this cleaning product is to have a rabbit that dresses like a woman married to a chimp with squirrel children..hurrah!!

Got to agree about all of the above. The new idea with advertisers seems to be that they can annoy us into buying their wares. Another one that grinds my gears is the Aero advert where there's two women talking with their mouths full about "feeling the bubbles melt". I'm not obsessed with manners or anything but the sound of somebody talking with their mouth full is really quite irritating.

wasnt complaints made about that one? i know there was about the KFC advert with the two fat birds at the desk talking/singing with their mouth full, it was why it got took off air lol

suprised no-one mentioned the crazy frog... or maybe people have finally got it out of their minds!

wasnt complaints made about that one? i know there was about the KFC advert with the two fat birds at the desk talking/singing with their mouth full, it was why it got took off air lol

suprised no-one mentioned the crazy frog... or maybe people have finally got it out of their minds!

Yeah, thanks jago:mad: Di Ding d d d d ddinng d d d d d dinng.

images.jpg

All the ads you mention are probably successes because they've done what they intend to, got you to remember them and talk about them. I'll bet loads of people are subconciously buying the stuff advertised because of their impact. I know I bought some tetley at the weekend :eek:

The only adverts I can remember that I actually thought were good are the honda ones, especially the one with the guy singing as he rides/drives all sorts of honda kit. Shame they didn't spend more time getting their F1 cars sorted than poncing about with advertisements!

All the ads you mention are probably successes because they've done what they intend to, got you to remember them and talk about them. I'll bet loads of people are subconciously buying the stuff advertised because of their impact. I know I bought some tetley at the weekend :eek:

The only adverts I can remember that I actually thought were good are the honda ones, especially the one with the guy singing as he rides/drives all sorts of honda kit. Shame they didn't spend more time getting their F1 cars sorted than poncing about with advertisements!

I tend only to remember those few ads I like. Carling Black and the John Cleese Guardian ads spring to mind. I buy what I want or need. Ads do not make change brands or buy something I don't want.

Cheers
Bri

I don't like the one for air freshener where that little Chinese kid is having a ****. I have no desire to see that.:thumbsdow

Absolutely despise that advert, think everyone really hates it. Stupid chinese kid. Talking about adverts imo the best advert ever was the honda one where everything links to something else, quite liked there advert with the robot they are working on as well, honda know how to make a good advert :thumbsup: .

Thats so true only earlier today I was telling my mum how I was going to be dying my hair on my weekend away, that i'd paid for with my picture loan of 150,000 pound payable for the seven thousand years at a million percent interest, whilst drinking a whole vat of tetley tea.......

:suicide:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom