Mossym's Home cinema.

Hi Moss,

Dito all of the above, looking good :thumbsup:

I would also agree with your remarks about those recliners, they look the snooks :smashin:

Cheers

Hi Moss,

Dito all of the above, looking good :thumbsup:

I would also agree with your remarks about those recliners, they look the snooks :smashin:

Cheers

you should try sitting in them..:)

Can I ask where you got them?

Cheers.

i live in ireland, so might not be too good to you, but i got them in harvey normans. had a hell of a time getting them. were delayed over 4 months from when we were told we would get them, and the shop were useless in helping. Luckily the new house wasn't ready when we were originally supposed to get them, or i would have been very p*ssed. if you're interested i can find the make of them somewhere

was considering moving them in alright. it would mean moving the sub into the corner though and i was worrying about that becoming too boomy. will try switching it around and seeing how it works.

Mossym, I saw your link to your home cinema and thought I'd take a look.

First up... :thumbsup: ...excellent set up.

On the speakers front, I'd personally move them away from the corners and away from the screen wall.

If I remember correctly, these speakers work best at least 2 feet from the side walls and at between 2 and 3 feet off the back wall. And I absolutely definitely wouldn't have that left one shooting straight into a big leather sofa.

I'd try to get them as close to the edge of your screen as possible without obscuring the view.

Positioning of the rears looks problematic, but you can get away with a bit more here, and use the levels to iron out a lot of problems.

Great cinema - when are you inviting me over for a beer and a film, you b:censored:d? :rotfl:

Best wishes.

Steve W

Fantastic set you have there - sorry Ive got around till now to have a look. Brilliant stuff......and the cabinet is class!!

As for the wife trying to put stuff in, tell me abou it. I had to fight over that too (okay she did win on some)

Well done again, and its great to see another from Ireland too!!

Mossym, I saw your link to your home cinema and thought I'd take a look.

First up... :thumbsup: ...excellent set up.

On the speakers front, I'd personally move them away from the corners and away from the screen wall.

If I remember correctly, these speakers work best at least 2 feet from the side walls and at between 2 and 3 feet off the back wall. And I absolutely definitely wouldn't have that left one shooting straight into a big leather sofa.

I'd try to get them as close to the edge of your screen as possible without obscuring the view.

Positioning of the rears looks problematic, but you can get away with a bit more here, and use the levels to iron out a lot of problems.

Great cinema - when are you inviting me over for a beer and a film, you b:censored:d? :rotfl:

Best wishes.

Steve W

not sure if it is obvious in the last pic, must take some more. The main speakers are now on the edge of the screen , and i managed to keep the sub inside the main R,, i was real worried about moving that into the corner, as i didn't want it to get boomy. the mains are about 2 feet out from the wall as well.
The rears actually sound okay. for the moment they are in either side of the bay window. There are wooden shutters on the windows so i don't need to close the blinds over the speakers normally. to be honest though even with the curtains closed the sound doesn't suffer much.

I've had the bones of the audio setup in this room now for a couple of years, first while living in the usa, then in a rental house in ireland and now in this house which is our first to own, and this is the best the system has ever sounded. it's also the first time i've gone 7.1 over 5.1 and the improvement is well worth it for me.

thanks for the feedback Steve, sure if you're ever over in Ireland you're more than welcome to bring a dvd from that colelction of yours and we can give the system a run..:D

Fantastic set you have there - sorry Ive got around till now to have a look. Brilliant stuff......and the cabinet is class!!

As for the wife trying to put stuff in, tell me abou it. I had to fight over that too (okay she did win on some)

Well done again, and its great to see another from Ireland too!!

thanks for that. aye, these pieces of glass in my cabinet are going to have to go. But after i had to drill holes in the back of the rack for cables i was in the bad books anyway so she got her way there!!

aye, but tougher to do this stuff in Ireland not having a decent shop or two to go to, but where there's a will there's a way. pity our soccer team isn't worth watching on a small screen, let alone a big one.

Oh, and the next update. Hopefully christmas is going to bring a set of B&W 601's to use as surrounds to match up with my fronts. Also i've already ordered the Denon AVR3808, should be here after xmas. not sure on an exact tiem frame though

thanks for that. aye, these pieces of glass in my cabinet are going to have to go. But after i had to drill holes in the back of the rack for cables i was in the bad books anyway so she got her way there!!

aye, but tougher to do this stuff in Ireland not having a decent shop or two to go to, but where there's a will there's a way. pity our soccer team isn't worth watching on a small screen, let alone a big one.

Tell me about it, I spend my time on the web looking for stuff instead as there are no decent shops, especially around our area of Ireland too. Although as Im sure you are aware of the old richer sounds in Cork (www.munstersounds.com) and more closer: savins in Limerick. Still nothing great though!

Yup. Might have to take a trip to Cloney Audio in Dublin if i go ahead with the 601's. pain really. Luckily have a good few shops that have no problems shipping to Ireland, just means a bit of a wait.

i live in ireland, so might not be too good to you, but i got them in harvey normans. had a hell of a time getting them. were delayed over 4 months from when we were told we would get them, and the shop were useless in helping. Luckily the new house wasn't ready when we were originally supposed to get them, or i would have been very p*ssed. if you're interested i can find the make of them somewhere

Thanks,

If you can find the make/model that would be good.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Mossym,

Could I possibly enquire as to what AV stand that is in the photo's?

Kind regards,

Guido

sorry guys, had forgotten about this thread.

Don Guido, probably too late now, but we got the stand in a local furniture shop near to where my wife is from. I have no idea where they got it from, and it wasn't really been sold as an AV stand. When i got it the bottom two shelves were drawers, so i had to take them out.

New additions.

1) A Wii, wife got one for us for xmas. tennis is great fun on the 110" screen, although the calibration for the remotes can be flaky.
2) Got my new receiver!! Denon AVR3808 replaced the AVR3803 in the pics. took some pics of the changeover process, will take some new ones tonight
3) have some stuff in getting framed at the moment, most of it reflects one of my other hobbies. Will leave it till it is done to explain.

more pics tomorrow on the changes..:)

Mossym, after everything I said, it now looks like I'll be having to put my speakers nearer to the corners than I'd like.

The new cinema/lounge crossover is in progress.

Will link when completed.

Steve W

Mossym, after everything I said, it now looks like I'll be having to put my speakers nearer to the corners than I'd like.

The new cinema/lounge crossover is in progress.

Will link when completed.

Steve W

look forward to seeing it. pressme there will still be room for the collection

updated the pics at the start of the thread. finally got my prints framed for the room. World War 2 is a big interest for me, i can't read or watch enough stuff about it. For that reason, i got the front page of the NY Times from D-Day and framed it, very very pleased with how it turned out.

IMG_0004-1.jpg

trying to tie in both themes, movies and ww2, these 2 were an obvious choice

IMG_0001.jpg

and a friend of mine got me this, which apart from being a favorite of mine, goes really well in the room

IMG_0006-1.jpg

loving how they all look in the room, i think the colors all match up, and all reflect interests and movies that i love.

one other big addition has been my new amp, went from a Denon 3803 to it's newer brother, the 3808. Heres the new unit just arrived:
IMG_1206.jpg

could be twins?:)
IMG_1209.jpg

and finally the new unit all hooked up

IMG_0008.jpg

and finally a few more of the room, as it is

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

that's it for now, more updates as soon as something noteworthy changes...

Last edited:
well past time for a reply on this one. major addition over the past while has been the new sides and rears. I have b&w 603's for my fronts,i now have 2 more to match for my sides
IMG_0427-1.jpg

IMG_0428-1.jpg

and added two 602.5s as the rears for my 7.1 setup
IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0432-1.jpg

sounds awesome..:)

IMG_0433-1.jpg

the Denon AVR3808 i added a while back is a beast...lots and lots of jaw dropping noise..love it. next few weeks should bring a blu-ray player to replace the blu-ray drive in my htpc

Last edited:
aye..the wife was away last week and myself and the brother watched LOTR the two towers, volume set as high as i ever have for a movie. was impressive as hell. love those b&w's.

at least till i finally take the plunge and upgrade to the pmc's.

well man that is a serious set up.... i didnt know ppl in ireland went as all out as you on home cinema... im the only one i know and mine is crap compared to yours... nice job..

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom