1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mosiac

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Sandman, Apr 22, 2003.

1. Sandman

Sandman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +728
    I have just entered the remote control party with the delivery of a OFA mosiac fron richer sounds (£59).
    I spent the weekend programming it to work with all my equipment and found this a very easy process, I have also set up various macros to turn on various bits ov A/V hardware with one press of a button and to go straight to my favourite satalite channels. I even went to Maplin yesterday and bought a remote control light switch and programed my mosiac to turn the lights on and off. Anyway as you can probably tell I am very happy with the remote (although it is rather chunky) and the service I got from RS, my question is this:
    How long do the batteries last in this remote and would it be worth getting the docking station for it, also does anybody have the compter link and software for it, if so what does this do and is it worth having?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    Dont know specifics about the mosaic but:

The computor link and software for the pronto and Marantz RC5000, allow you to completely design your own CCFs and download them from the internet and into your pronto. This includes new screen designs (its a touch screen, Is the mosaic?)

Using normal batteries in my Marantz they seem to run down quite quickly, so the docking station will save you money in time.

3. Adrenochrome

Adrenochrome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    i also have just ordered one of these.

what did you buy from maplin and how did you get the remote to work your lighting as i would very much like to do the same.

thanks

Tom Barr.

4. Howard0000

Howard0000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Hey
    I've got a Mosaic and I'm also very happy with it. It's chunky yes, but it's nice to hold. I've got macros programmed to turn on my equipment, etc, too.
    I have ordered a docking station from here:
    http://www.dalepakdirect.com/prod_mosaic.html
    But it says discontinued now :mad: Even though when I did order it, it wasn't discontinued but they said they were just out of stock.

But anyway I think the batteries last quite a while, a few months at least I should imagine.
    And the PC link isn't actually available yet, the port is there for future connections according to the manual.

5. Sandman

Sandman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +728
    I bought a light switch that replaces my existing switch that can be controlled by remote control, it was expensive at £29 but have since found out that similar things are available from tlc direct over the net for about £15.

6. Adrenochrome

Adrenochrome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    ok thanks sandman:smashin:

7. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    This Mosaic looks great value @ RS
    Could someone confirm that it can replace Sky Digital remote functions & how it is programmed (codes or otherwise)
    Thanks ... Paul ;)

8. Sandman

Sandman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +728
    It replaces my digibox remote and works well. It is programed by going throught the menu system, choosing, SAT, choosing your brand of digibox and hey presto thats it working. If your device isnt listed in the menu you can phone one for all and upgrade the remote over the phone and then use codes to get the device working. If a specific funcion of a device doesn't work one for all will give you a "key magic" code to program a button for that function. Once all your devices are programed you can configure each screen to display the most commonly used features.
    Mine woks perfectly with my pace digibox, panasonic reciever, samsung dvd and goodmans tv. I just upgraded it over the phone to try it out on my dad harmon kardon dvd player, reciever and yamaha cdr player/recorder. He wants me to order him a mosaic now.

9. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Sandman - much obliged - have ordered the last one at my local RS & will pick it up 2moro ... Paul ;)

10. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    ... picked up my Mosaic & so far so good - excellent works everything & even impressed the wife (don't go there!)
    Quick question though - when programming a Macro to turn on my AV kit I cant get the TV to power up as it needs the power switch to be held in - how do you get the macro to do this (sorry for being thick - again) Paul ;)

11. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    In case anyone tries this in the future - I emailed AFO & asked if it was possible to Power up my TV in a Macro as posted above & there reply was "IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO DO THIS" ... :(
    Oh well that's the only thing I have found that it cant do - still a snip at £59 @ RS IMHO
    Paul ;)

12. Howard0000

Howard0000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Mine powers up my TV as a macro which powers on all my equipment...