1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mosiac or Pronto?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by BigTone, Feb 25, 2003.

1. BigTone

BigTone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +994
    ok, its almost birthday time and I have to dream up a new item that I 'need' for my home cinema hifi etc. As I get plenty of stick for the half dozen remotes that litter the lounge, I figured that a master remote would be a good idea.

Sooo which one to ask for? Mosiac is a fraction of the price of the Pronto atm.... but is it a dud?

Tone

2. Tomfoolery

Tomfoolery

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's certainly not a dud! I have one.

It can be customised to a certain extend i.e changing button labels and positions (including adding little pre-programmed pictures for the label). Unfortunately, you cannot change the shape of the button.

Some buttons do have different shapes to start off with, but if you try to change the label, or customise/move the button, it will go back to a regular rectangle.

So obviously, it's not as customisable as the Pronto - but it's not a dud either. It controls everything I've thrown at it, including my Xbox (which I downloaded codes for through my PC speakers)