1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mosiac backlight buzz

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by dukebox_1st, Mar 23, 2003.

1. dukebox_1st

dukebox_1st
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i bought a one for all mosiac a couple of weeks ago, 2night while at the end of a film it was pretty quiet and just goin bac to the menu when i heard a buzzing, at first i thought it was the dvd but on further inspection it appears to b coming frm the mosiac. it wasn't excatly loud but it was noticable. it only appears to happen with the backlight on. is this normal? i haven't noticed it b4 but haven't really been in a semi quiet enviroment with it. can someone else with the mosiac put the backlight on and then hold the back of the remote to their ear, is it audioable?

thanks in advance
    tom

2. Loada

Loada

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Completely normal. All LCD backlights buzz (due the voltage conversion circuitry), some louder than others. The Pronto remote suffers from the same thing it seems to vary from unit to unit.

It's one of those things that once you've noticed it, it seems to get louder and louder! A lot of 100hz TVs have a similar buzz side-affect. I can't say I noticed mine until recently but now I can't help but hear it.

Damn the human brain! ;)

3. dukebox_1st

dukebox_1st
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    lol, thanks, i presumed it was the inverter but was just shocked i hadn't noticed it b4,
    cheers
    tom