Mortgage rate - what would you do?

Alps

Wow! Property is still booming. I remember when I was selling my flat back in 2013. All was going well up until about 5 days before completion. I got burgled! Absolutely gutted. I had to rightly inform the purchasers and all involved in the sale. The purchasers turned round and asked for £3k off or they walk. Proper cheeky! So I told them to walk. They came back later that day and revoked that decision. Blamed it on the solicitor who advised them.

And now... I went for the 7 years 1.45% with £749 fee. It made so much more sense to do so, so thank you guys for the advice. I can also port this mortgage should I wish. But there is an early redemption fee attached.

reevesy

Distinguished Member
Wow! Property is still booming. I remember when I was selling my flat back in 2013. All was going well up until about 5 days before completion. I got burgled! Absolutely gutted. I had to rightly inform the purchasers and all involved in the sale. The purchasers turned round and asked for £3k off or they walk. Proper cheeky! So I told them to walk. They came back later that day and revoked that decision. Blamed it on the solicitor who advised them.

And now... I went for the 7 years 1.45% with £749 fee. It made so much more sense to do so, so thank you guys for the advice. I can also port this mortgage should I wish. But there is an early redemption fee attached.

👍....who was that with ?

Looks a good deal for 7 years.

happy_2008

Don't think i have ever seen a 7 year deal offered. I've mostly seen 2,5,10 etc but it still a great deal. Once your LTV is around 60% all the deals no longer seem as competitive.

Alps

Don't think i have ever seen a 7 year deal offered. I've mostly seen 2,5,10 etc but it still a great deal. Once your LTV is around 60% all the deals no longer seem as competitive.
This is with Barclays but I believe it's existing customers only. My LTV is 34%.

reevesy

Distinguished Member
nah not with barclays........got accounts with nationwide and natwest still hoping i can find somewhere and have a 60% LTV.....

depending on the price/how much work needs doing i'm normally hovering between 54- 58 %

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom