Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge Film Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
No spine rip?
Bogus.

Always preferred Eternal Champions anyway. When are they going to make a movie of that where a guy is beaten to death and then falls through three consecutive meat grinders?

You what, this is GOOD? Well I never. Thanks Cas.

You what, this is GOOD? Well I never. Thanks Cas.

Bloody good - watch the first 10 seconds of the Red Band Trailer (now attached to the review) to give you a taste. But don't watch it all, because it was a nice surprise (in fact, don't watch any if you're already sold).

Sold on your intro alone :rotfl:

Looks immense. Thanks for the heads up!

4K ultra violent bloody goodness, you say?
My son is all over this and although under 18, we'll be watching it. Does that make me a bad parent? Who cares. A nag-free popular one...
Edit. Now my daughter's in. Well, if they can handle The Evil Dead trilogy: cartoons schmartoons.

Last edited:
This movie is getting more alluring by the day.

Ordered sounds good looking forward to watching it.

Will this be available on one of the streaming services?

Currently £9.99 to buy via Prime Video

Or £9.99 to buy from Apple/iTunes... in 4K with DV.

Watched this tonight-fantastic stuff.

Might even pick up the Blu-ray as well I enjoyed it that much.

I enjoyed this in a kind of gory, splatter-fest kind of way. If you enjoyed things like story of Ricky, Fist of the north star, invincible S01E01 etc then you'll get along with this. Jonny Cage as the comic relief worked well too.

Strange that this is the first time (as far as I know?) that a Mortal Kombat film has earned an 18 classification in the UK. The recent live action film feels like it was holding back its violence in comparison. I guess with animation, anything goes. Felt quite satisfying, if like me, you're looking for some OTT bloodfest.

I'm not a hardened fan of the games but do have fond memories of MK1 - this I feel comes close to matching the spirit of that game.

I got French 4K UHD Blu-ray cheap on ebay. Besides the French text, it appears to be the exact same disc as its US counterpart.

Ps: I'm inclined to check out the other titles. Plus I see that there's a new one out soon focused on Jonny Cage.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom