1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mortal Kombat Deception

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by tha-dizzle, Mar 29, 2004.

1. tha-dizzle

tha-dizzle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I dont know how many of you knew there was to be a new one out but ive only just found out myself.

Ive just been on holiday and while there i happened to come across an american PS2 mag (it was strange considering i was at center parcs at the lakeside district), on the front was Sub-Zero in his new outfit for the game.

The game itself looks fantastic and acording (spelling) to Ed Boon this game should be one of the most advanced fighting games ever !! Also some old fav's including Noob & Ermac are to make a return.

Any thoughts ????

DIZZLE

P.S Unfortunatly there dosent look like there is going to be a come back for Mr Kang :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Alarm bells are ringing already:rolleyes: :D Anyone noticed how it's always the sub-par games that get hyped up in this way...:thumbsdow

Whereas the truly good fighters (SNK vs Capcom, Virtua Fighter 4: Evo and so on) don't bother making such claims despite being so ridiculously deep they scare away gamers who aren't willing to put a bit of practice in:clap: These games are perfectly accessible to newbies though, and in the case of Evo, the training mode is so in-depth it takes you by the hand through each stage of fighting and through newbie to expert, but requires skills that need time to develop, which is something most gamers are scared to do.

Anyway back on topic, it'll be a bit of fun, like most Mortal Kombat games, but nothing more than a button-mashing, gore-filled one-trick pony IMO.

3. tha-dizzle

tha-dizzle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thats all abit harsh IMO but het thats the way it is.

I personally think the MK series is the best fighting game series ever (apart from MK4 which was kinda s**t). As for button bashing i couldnt disagree more............... the tekken series id say is more button bashing IMO.

But i guess only time will tell when they release the game.

DIZZLE

4. Anjou

Anjou

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    Actually, it only seems to be US games companies that make those kind of boasts, though the MK series is definitely the best from the west in this area. I thought Deadly Alliance was excellent, though I don't think I enjoyed it as much as Tekken 3, Soul Calibur or DOA 2.

One of the things that does look good in a kind of Tekken 3 extra games style is MK Chess, which could be a bit like Archon on the Amiga. Now that would be a good little extra.

5. danny-p

danny-p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Best 2d fighters= MK/SF2 series.
    Best 3d fighter= Tekken Series.

Even though i enjoy Deadly Alliance i just wish it was as fun to play as Tekken is...Sure the graphics (character and arenas) and Fatalities are top notch but i thing the playability seemed a bit slow compared to tekken.
    Hopefully Mr Tobais And Boon will pull a rabbit out of the hat with this game as potentially its the best of the rest IMO
    :smashin:
    Later
    Elduderino