Morrisey's new album

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone heard anything from the new album?any good.

I got a DVD free with some newspaper giving a preview of a few of the tracks and I think that if you like/love Mozza, you'll definately like/love this!
He's starting to look a bit old now though!

good,he must be in his 40's somewhere now?

Originally posted by Uzey

He's starting to look a bit old now though!

Old, but still looking great IMO. Very suave in the recent NME articles.

whys he a tool?have you met him?
hes on jon ross next friday by the way.

Oh come on mate its well know the man is right up himself, and cares for no one but himself his ego is the size of a house, he's lost almost all his friends over the years, and many people hated and would never work with the man.

"I am endlessly fascinating - at eight o clock at night, at midnight, I'm fascinated. It's a lifelong relationship and divorce will never come into it. That's why, as I say, I feel privileged"

Just what he did with court case alone with Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce,

Summing up in favour of Joyce, the judge pronounced Morrissey 'devious, truculent, and unreliable' and orderd him and Marr to pay Joyce £1.25m in back earnings. Marr paid up, but Morrissey pursued the case to appeal - where it was dismissed

Morrissey complained to the Prime Minister, the Queen ('Tony Blair was not at all interested; the Queen was very nice'), the Lord Chancellor, the ombudsman, the Law Society, the Bar Council

Read the biography Morrissey and Marr. The book drew the conclusion that it was Morrissey's vanity and ego that had put an end to The Smiths.

Its well documented what sort of man he is

I do love the smiths though

cheers,i did'nt know nothing about the man but got a best of the smiths cd as a pressie and like the music,thanks for the info.

I've never been a big fan of Morrissey/Smiths, but I thought he sounded great on Jonathan Ross' show. The new single is actually pretty good IMO, and I'm seriously considering checking out the album...

He didn't come across that well in the interview though (bit too guarded really) but considering all the manufacured dross around, it's nice to have someone more interesting releasing stuff...

he seemed really shy,his body launuage was all "get me out of here"

there is a programme on ch4 tonight about him,its on at 1.45 am

MrFurious said:
he seemed really shy,his body launuage was all "get me out of here"

there is a programme on ch4 tonight about him,its on at 1.45 am

Yeah, I agree. Looked very awkward and came across as very shy which I found surprising. I expected him to be very confident.

Oh, and I think the court case with Joyce and Rourke was a total sham, as well.

I do have a few Smith albums and also like his new song, so am also tempted to check out his new album.
I also thought he looked rather shy on J Ross as well.

Have to agree with Sean - the music was always good with the Smiths, but I can't bear to listen to him talk or be interviewed. All of his opinions are always right and there can be no alternative. Completely in love with himself

His lyrics to the new track says it all. Irish blood english heart i am made of, there is nothing on earth i'm afraid of

Pure ego

Then what he said to ross, morrisey: "you're a performer" ross: dont you perform? Morrisey: "only seals perform". A very 'i am above you' line.

Guys a ponce, a talented one

keanyboy said:
His lyrics to the new track says it all. Irish blood english heart i am made of, there is nothing on earth i'm afraid of

Pure ego

Well, the lyric isn't so much ego, as defiance which is pretty much what I'd expect from Morrissey after a seven year absence and that hoo-hah with the music press after Finsbury Park.

It ain't much different to "the past was yours, the future's mine", really, and THEY never got the flak for it despite having an album full of self-promotion.

keanyboy said:
Then what he said to ross, morrisey: "you're a performer" ross: dont you perform? Morrisey: "only seals perform". A very 'i am above you' line.

It's not an "above you" line at all, it's a soundbite and he's made a career out of it ; a news presenter on Radio 5 this morning used "Heaven knows I'm miserable now"...it's those little phrases that stay with people and makes him iconic which ultimately is all ego but I don't think he was getting one up on Wossy. He just knows how to play the game.

Anyway, just my opinion. :boring:

I've just read my above post and it may seem like I'm having a go at you, KeanyBoy, but I wasn't. Just my opinion...God, I'm not even a big Smiths/Morrissey fan.... :suicide:

Oh no mate its cool..

I disagree about him, he's not a well liked man (which he enjoys) But he has real talent. "Nothing on earth "i'm afraid off"... Apart from giving band members their dues :laugh:

Well anyway, I'm sure you have sympathy for all those Cardiff-bound Utd-supporting Mancs who will struggle to make his MEN show tonight... ;)

Whiting said:
Well anyway, I'm sure you have sympathy for all those Cardiff-bound Utd-supporting Mancs who will struggle to make his MEN show tonight... ;)

There's more morrisey fans then reds in this city mate :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom