Question Morecambe & Wise

UKCDJ

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if there's any difference between these 2 sets? Is the HMV exclusive just different packaging? Is the content exactly the same? ...
IMG_6822.jpg
IMG_6824.jpg

On the HMV website the product details section lists their set as having 20 discs, the same as the other version, so it would seem unlikely that there's any great difference.

As far as I know all the HMV exclusive editions of classic comedy in that packaging have the same content as the standard editions.

Just a quick mention that the recent Network release Morecambe & Wise At Thames suffers from authoring faults, with some of the episodes having been accidentally deinterlaced, resulting in unnecessarily poor picture quality.

However, thankfully Network have now acknowledged the error and are arranging replacement of the faulty discs. These are expected to be available early next year, so anyone that has already purchased the set may wish to contact Network now, whilst those considering picking it up might avoid having to swap discs by waiting until corrected sets are available.

I haven't yet seen confirmation, however the other new sets that were released at the same time may have the same issues, especially if they contain the same discs.

CVhmiOc.jpg

I have the BBC DVDs and have considered getting the Two Of A Kind set. Some of those shows were repeated on BBC 2 quite a while ago and I thought they were really good. I don't know if they cherry picked the episodes but they were better than my memories of them when I was a kid. I didn't get away with those later Thames shows.

Bri

Does anybody know if there's any difference between these 2 sets? Is the HMV exclusive just different packaging? Is the content exactly the same? ...

Both sets have exactly the same shows but not necessarily in the right order.

Just a quick mention that the recent Network release Morecambe & Wise At Thames suffers from authoring faults, with some of the episodes having been accidentally deinterlaced, resulting in unnecessarily poor picture quality.

However, thankfully Network have now acknowledged the error and are arranging replacement of the faulty discs. These are expected to be available early next year, so anyone that has already purchased the set may wish to contact Network now, whilst those considering picking it up might avoid having to swap discs by waiting until corrected sets are available.
The replacement discs are now being shipped by Network; received mine yesterday.

I suspect all 3 recent releases were affected. There are definitely replacements available for both the green and blue sets.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom