• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

More4 not in the add listings to channel list

D

DaveP

I've changed my DVB-T card to a Black Gold card and I still can't automatically get the guide details, but that's another story.

Anyway, I can add the guide details to a specific channel manually and this works on the major channels apart from the More4 guide. I can select the More4 channel but when go to add listing from list there is no More4 in the list.

Has anyone else done this successfully? Will it appear tonight?

Thanks

Dave

JonLeach

just got more4, you need to delete the listings then scan again. worked for me but lost bbc 1/2/3/4 strange! rescan sorted that one.

Jon

johnny

Standard Member
still no guide data here (crystal palace) for More4 or E4+1

anyone else got it?

TheCrow

I use the Crystal Palace transmitter and I have listings for more4 and E4+1.
I had allsorts of problems after Rollup 2, so Ghosted back to pre DVB-T install and applied Rollup2 plus update for Rollup2 then installed DVB-T drivers and initialised MCE.
All my problems now appear to have gone.

So the listings are there but you may need to rescan or reset MCE to defaults or even reinstall to get them to work.

D

Deleted member 39241

Oh crikey - will MCE cope with all that... I have just ordered a replacement tv card too... more scanning, and mapping, and scanning, and scheduling, and mapping and scanning :rolleyes: :eek: :eek:

johnny

Standard Member
ho-hum - deleted all channels, then did complete rescan, downloaded new guide data - still no listings info for E4+1 or More4.

Also no sign of the new channels? Only thing i noticed was a few at 300

markxtc123

Is it that more4 and E4+1 don't appear in the guide at all, or is it that they are there but with a tag saying "No data available"?

If it is the latter then you can manually add the listing to the channel in the guide section of setup. I had to do this fot ITV! ITV2 More4 and E4+1.

TheCrow

The TV Guide in MCE is the most frustrating pile of crap I have ever come across!!! :mad: :mad:

I did a reinstall at the weekend to get this guide working properly, which I actually managed to acheive.

Now I guess maybe because of the Freeview channel renumbering everything is ****ed :mad:

Channels were appearing in a bizare order so I re-ran Setup TV and re-scanned.

All the channels were detected in there default order but several were missing Guide info so I manually pointed them to the correct listing and rearranged my channels into a logical order.

Within just 5 Mins of setting this up channels are lossing there guide info.

Info listings are disappearing before my eyes.

When I fix one thing another couple of things go wrong.

This is complete crap!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sorry for the rant.

W

Werner

on ntl cable, and I get more4 channel listings just fine via mce guide. been like that for a few days too..it just added itself to the guide without intervention from myself. I have heard of nothing but hassles with the freeview epg though.

D

Deleted member 39241

johnny said:
ho-hum - deleted all channels, then did complete rescan, downloaded new guide data - still no listings info for E4+1 or More4.

Also no sign of the new channels? Only thing i noticed was a few at 300
Are you still having problems?
I have listings for More4 now, but I don't pick up E4+1 so not sure about that it may be my imagination but guide listings seem to behave themselves a bit better from there.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DaveP

After a rescan for the channel changes I was able to add the More4 listings manually

Thanks to all who contributed

Dave

hutters

I had to add manually the listings for E4+1 and More4 and now it works fine :)

As the guide info is downloaded from the web does the transmitter that you receive your tv signal from really have any effect? Surely it's a software (MCE) issue of matching guide data to channel name, thus that's why manually linking the two fixes the problem.

HiZ

Problem seems to be that E4+1 is called "E4+1" in the SDT but the EPG data provider in the UK calls it "E4 +1" with a space so therefore it doesn't match and MCE doesn't automatically pair em up. Manually edit via SETTINGS/TV/GUIDE/MANUALLY ADD CHANNELS TO LISTING.

JOb sorted. Pice drop is similar too.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom