More4 format issues on Freeview

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by Peter Baker, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Peter Baker

Peter Baker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Hi
    I'm having difficulty with my More4 reception on my Digifusion FVRT100 Freeview box. Whatever I do, I only seem to receive 4:3 reception on widescreen, and a ludicrously squashed picture if i actually try the 4:3 option.
    This only affects More4, and no other channel, although I do have a separate problem of v poor Channel 5 reception.
    Any thoughts?
    Peter

2. Geofbob

Geofbob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +304
    I hadn't actually watched any More4 programmes; but when I read your posting I switched on to it. There is no actual programme just now (Sunday 09.50), just the promotional stuff, and I find that it keeps disconcertingly changing format from 16:9 to 4:3 and back again, each being labelled "Auto" on screen- that's with a Matsui box. I'll try switching on again, when proper More4 programmes commence this afternoon, to see what happens. (I got the same format-jumping on both our TVs, one widescreen, and the other 4:3, each using a Matsui box.)

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,667
    Depending on the actual programme, I think you'll find the same thing on E4, E4+1 and possibly Ch4 itself. It's a problem which Fusion blame on the broadcasters, but claim they are working to resolve. Odd, then, that many other boxes (including my ancient ex OnDigital boxes) aren't similarly affected.

4. Peter Baker

Peter Baker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Thanks for these responses. If it's a Fusion issue I feel better (as long as they fix it reasonably quickly)

5. WorKid

WorKid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, at least you're not missing anything (More4 being such a waste of bandwidth)

6. pwood

pwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +158
    If The Westwing was on any other channel I might agree. Must say I'm not amused ( but not suprised), that they have a DOG however its black which makes me wonder if its more Plasma friendly.