1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Toys !!!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by CRVNOS, Dec 17, 2001.

1. CRVNOS

CRVNOS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This forum will be the death of me - lol , spent far to much cash since joining.

But needs must again, I currently have the following setup

Tosh 40wh08b (Big Telly), Tosh SD210E (Cute DVD), Tosh V701UK (Free Video with Telly) and a Pace Sky Box. Big unbranded floorstanders as fronts and Tosh rears with a Mourdant short active sub.

Im using the tv's internal 5.1 decoder/amp but fancy Sky + shortly so need an amp with 2 optical inputs. I'm more than happy with the speakers but seem to be lacking something in the centre/speech channel currently from the tellys speakers.

Any reccomendations for an amp to suit with 2 optical inputs, ideally really cheap (sub £400) and a centre speaker. Prefably one with loads of ccf's for my pronto :)))))))))).

All advice appreciated and vidsa card at the ready!!!

Regards

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    The current thinking on these forums is to buy whatever Denon model you can afford but have a look at the Marantz range as well.

Centre speaker will be a problem as it is important to voice match it with the front stereo pair. The obvious thing would be to try and buy a centre from the manufacturer of your "big unbranded floorstanders" but that will obviously not be easy unless you can find out who made them.

Ian

3. rnjones

rnjones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with Ian on this. Denon do seem to have some top amps currently. Listened to the 3802 and AVC-A11SR and bought the big one.

However this has shown up some short commings in my central speaker. Ian is right you need to match it to your Front speakers.

Other way to do this is to buy good Centre speaker and upgrade the fronts when you can.

Reuse the existing fronts with your PC for excellent sound whilst surfing :).

Rog