• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

more to life.. Has to be.!!

BB3Lions

Distinguished Member
Sat on the M6 traffic jammed some 9 miles over 40 mins delayed off to Bristol from Manchester.

Sat here thinking, is this the reason I am alive? Lookin at the sheep surviving life not living it.

Got to be more to it than this?

BB3Lions

Distinguished Member
Ian J said:
Sheep don't have many choices to make in life - you do

Afraid not, I like many have a mortgage, rent, child, bills etc etc.

I'm lucky, my family has health a roof over there heads & food on the table. I wish we could enjoy life more without the chains of bills.

I think we were happier when we lived in a place where family & friends were valued more than materials..

3.40hrs on the motorway does this..

BB.

SevloW

Distinguished Member
Sat on the M6 traffic jammed some 9 miles over 40 mins delayed off to Bristol from Manchester.

Sat here thinking, is this the reason I am alive? Lookin at the sheep surviving life not living it.

Got to be more to it than this?

That's pretty normal thinking. I used to have these thoughts when I travelled to work on the train. Would look around and wonder what I was doing with my life, there must be more to life than this etc. It turned out just to be a phase I was going through. Realised I was doing this for the same reasons as most people - to be able to provide for my family.
Now I have been out of work since 2009 and am living of my lump sum I had to take out of my pension.

I now long for those days sitting on the train..

DPinBucks

Distinguished Member
Afraid not, I like many have a mortgage, rent, child, bills etc etc.

I'm lucky, my family has health a roof over there heads & food on the table. I wish we could enjoy life more without the chains of bills.

I think we were happier when we lived in a place where family & friends were valued more than materials..

3.40hrs on the motorway does this..

BB.
You're not lucky. You've earned your health, familiy and prosperity. But unfortunately you have to pay for them; hence the bills. You'd be lucky if they came to you for free.

You're unhappy about spending extra time on the motorway. But why was it jammed? Perhaps you're complaining because some other, less lucky, family has just been torn apart somewhere ahead. At best, you are unhappy that others, equally inconvenienced, got in your way. Your being there, at that place in that time, was the net result of all the choices you have made in your life until then.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not getting at you, except perhaps to point out that maybe you're being a tiny bit self-centred, coupled with perfectly understandable frustration.

To respond to your original plaint: "Got to be more to it than this?"

Why?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom