More TiVo questions

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Zaichik, Mar 6, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Zaichik

Zaichik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    I'm still mulling over the TiVo/Sky+ thing, having read the wealth of info on this and other sites. I still have two questions, though:

1. How does TiVo handle Sky's interactive services? If you are watching through TiVo, can you still use them, or do you have to change channels on your TV to the one tuned to Sky?

2. Is it true that the new TiVo software activates the Sky digibox by first sending the Sky key signal before the channel number, so that, in effect, it can recover the Sky box from a crash?

3. This is probably a silly question but: When watching live TV, can you channel hop just by selecting channels on the TiVo. i.e. If you wanted to switch from a terrestrial channel to a Sky Digital one, does the TiVo send the appropriate signals to the correct piece of equipment, or do you have to operate any external equipment (i.e the digibox) separately? I suppose what I am asking is: Can I just use the TiVo remote for all my viewing needs, or do I have to have the Sky remote to hand all the time?

Thanks for your continuing help with my quandaries.

2. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1. Not sure on this pass :-(

2. During setup if you say your $ky box is a grundig regardless of what make it actually is and then choose code 20016 it will send the $ky key before a channel change. Works fine with by pace box.

3. The TiVo ahs an onbaird RF tuner so you don't need to swtich to you telly to watch TV. just dial up (for me) channel 44 and get beeb 1 using you TiVo remote. I still need t use my TV remote to swtich to the AV channel when I come out of standby cos it wont sense a signal coming down the scart and automatically switch

3. xyznicko2577

xyznicko2577

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1. Yes you can use interactive through tivo but not at the same time as Tivo is recording from your digibox ( you would spoil your recording).
    You can use it though if Tivo is recording from another source such as ITV digital box or TV aerial at the time, this frees your digibox to do as you will.