1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Thomson DHD4000 Questions

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by stephen19, Dec 2, 2004.

1. stephen19

Standard Member

Dec 9, 2003
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:

I have been researching the Thomson DHD4000 and wanted to ask a few questions.

First, can I check I have understood this: the unit receives the digital signal and records it straight to disc without compression before any processing occurs giving the best quality recording possible (whereas a dvd recorder connected to a freeview box would be digital to analogue back to digital with some losses).

Secondly, I read you can use a 7-day EPG, but what if you go on holiday for a fortnight? Can you schedule it to record say, channel 1, every Monday at 9pm for 1hr, forever, like you would a vcr, or can you only record via this epg?

And finally, is there any way to get the recording off the hard disc onto dvd? It would be nice to make dvds of the recordings for archival or remote viewing. If you hook-up a dvd recorder you have the digital-analogue-digital decompression-recompression issues. It would be nice to be able to burn the original data to disc without this overhead.

Is Thomson going to release a new model that may do any of the above? Will they release a model that looks prettier ;) Will they release a model that also does top-up tv? Thanks.