More than one Microsoft RROD 3year replacement?

Godspeed

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Afternoon gents,

I've looked at the FAQ's and tried searching but can't find anything clarifying the situation.

Roughly I recieved a total replacement 360 console from microsoft after the original one got the RROD just outside warranty. New console had a manufacture date of june 2007.

Now the new one has just gone RROD - question is has anyone got a second replacement of the RROD via MS's revised 3 year warranty policy??

To see a console actually make 3 years old by itself seems impossible!

Any info appreciated

Cheers

G

i had 1 break and got a replacement and then that broke and i got it fixed by them instead (not that i had any say in it), they just replaced the motherboard and dvd drive so i didnt get a new one with a newer manufactures date.

I believe it is each box covered by the 3 year warranty not you so feel free to claim until your hearts content on any under 3 years old :thumbsup:

When you say the first was replaced I presume it was replaced by microsoft not the company you purchased it from?

Thanks for the info

G

When you say the first was replaced I presume it was replaced by microsoft not the company you purchased it from?

Thanks for the info

G
yep, MS came and got it and sent a brand new replacement back which broke in about 2 months, went back in the box from which it came and straight back to MS, came back with a generic note saying what had been replaced...all the important bits. Worked ok for me as my original was off ebay so when they replaced it i got my very own new one :)

To update my own thread...

The email address I used the first time I sent the console back was deleted a while ago so when I went onto the xbox live website to register the console for repair I ran into trouble with it sending an email to a non existant email account :(

Had to ring them up (their computers were down first time) and go through the faulty return process. Thing is they cant' tell you if the repair is going to be free or chargeable until the very end after you've given them all your details and other info they want.

Turns out I was eligible for a free repair - He stated quite clearly the console will come back with only a 3 month warranty (and a 1 month xbox live card)

The reason I think I qualified for a free repair is because my console was totally replaced the first time and obviously came back with a new serial number showing a June 2007 manufacture date.

Hope that might be of use to anybody for future reference :)

Cheers G

The reason I think I qualified for a free repair is because my console was totally replaced the first time and obviously came back with a new serial number showing a June 2007 manufacture date.

i think it is 3 years from the date on the back, so replacement box means you get a new warranty but if they repair it it stays the same or you might get a short term new one if you are near the end of the original one

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom