More than 1 remote eye

AJBSWFC

Standard Member
Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to have more than 1 remote eye from a Sky+ box? I suspect the answer is no as it appears that you need to use RF2 on the Sky+ box as it outputs power to the remote eye. Could you maybe place a splitter on the RF2 port? Any advice that anyone can offer would be appreciated.

Moomz

We have two sky+ boxes and have one feeding off to 4 TV's and the other feeding off to 5 TV's. We can change the channel in all of these rooms using the eye. I think they're are special boosters you can buy that allow you to do this.

Hope this helps....

M

macey

you need to have a distribution amp with a return bypass the most you can get off one box is 16 i think but correct me if i am wrong

WideEyedFox

I've got 3 eyes (and getting glasses is a nightmare BUM-BUM!) connected to my multiroom box.

You do need a special booster/amp which allows the voltage to pass through, and the run from this booster must be direct (no splitters) to the TV. I got my booster from B&Q, it is a 4 port, and was £20.

AJBSWFC

Standard Member
Thanks all for the replies.
:smashin:

So if I purchase the booster/amp do you run a coax cable directly in from RF2and then you can run the direct cable's out to additional TV's equiped with an eye? Do you know what the product name is from B&Q

WideEyedFox

So if I purchase the booster/amp do you run a coax cable directly in from RF2and then you can run the direct cable's out to additional TV's equiped with an eye?
Yes, that's correct.

Do you know what the product name is from B&Q
It's an "SLX4C" (shown here on eBay).
AE-10006L.jpg

• Boosts the satellite signal in areas of poor reception, improving sound and picture quality.
• Distributes Sky to 4 TVs in the home without any noticeable signal degradation.
• Lightweight compact design - can be powered either from RF2 digibox output or separate 9V DC power supply, making it ideal for placement in lofts.
• Individual short circuit protection - should a short circuit occur on one port, individual short circuit protection will continue to operate the other ports & will not shut down the whole amplifier.
• Integrated digital bypass - ready for use with the SKY digieye extender feature, allowing the digibox to be controlled from a second location.
• Double insulated & safety certificated to the latest BS and CE standards (EN5008-1, EN50082-1, EN50083-2 & EN61000-3-2/-3).
• Class-leading noise figures of 5dB for minimal interference.

It's not a "pofessional" jobbie with the screw in connectors, but I thought I'd give it a go as I needed one quickly. Works perfectly, getting it's feed and power from the RF2 output of my Panasonic receiver.

Hope that helps
Horness

AJBSWFC

Standard Member
Horness said:
Yes, that's correct.

It's an "SLX4C" (shown here on eBay).
AE-10006L.jpg

It's not a "pofessional" jobbie with the screw in connectors, but I thought I'd give it a go as I needed one quickly. Works perfectly, getting it's feed and power from the RF2 output of my Panasonic receiver.

Hope that helps
Horness

That does help, thanks! :thumbsup:

AJBSWFC

Standard Member
Thanks Horness, purchased the SLX4C on ebay. Connected the RF2 output into 'TV IN' and now nicely distributing Sky+ to 2 additional TV's.

knightsyr

Standard Member
i had a loft 6 way booster to watch sky+ around the house with two magic eyes running great ... it blew up guy came and fitted a 8 way skytronic splitter amplifier .. great pq,,, but magic eyes are not compatable it does not do ir or have i dc bypass . obviously i should change amp but a mate fitted it for free so is there a solution to get remotes to control sky+ throughout house or do i have to get disgruntled best mate to crawl in loft again and fit a booster sky+ compatable .... any help much apprieceated. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom