1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More than 1 ipod issue...

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Les E, Mar 17, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Les E

Les E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    This must of been in a previous thread, but I have a 2 ipods (well, the wife has a full size and I've got a mini!) and we have one G5 mac with itunes...what are my options??

Surely, apple must of thought there may be more than one person in a household with an ipod that doesn't share the other persons taste in music?

So how can I set up a seperate source library that won't upload each others music?

One option would be to unselect the other users tracks...but the wife has hundreds!!!

I am in some desperate need of some help here guys!!! :lease:

2. jinky32

jinky32

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    not sure, but if you can't find an answer here, check out ipodhacks or ipodlounge - this has been discussed to death there

3. mick's cat

mick's cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The best (and Apple suggested) solution is probably just to set up another user account so you have one each (System Preferences - Accounts). Then each user's iTunes is separate, although you can use the same folder of music. With Fast User Switching this is a doddle to work with and is pretty seamless.

Another way is to use a third-party utility (there's about three around I believe) that allow you to switch Libraries on the one user account. From what I've heard, these aren't perfect.