More than 1 input on a cable?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Murray, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Murray

Murray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Can anyone tell me can you run more than 1 imput on the one component cable?
    I would like to take Sky out in component and feed it to my projector and also feed my component out from my player through the same component cable. How do I do it? I have the cable in the ceiling and want to use the same cable for SKY and DVD.

2. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    A SKY box doesn't output a component signal..... :lesson:

RGB is what comes out of the back of most SKY boxes (along with composite and maybe S-Video). What you need is a source switcher (i.e. two sources into one display), the scart from your sky box goes into the switcher as does the scart from your DVD player, one output to your display. Some even switch automatically sensing which unit is on or via IR.
    If you really really want component out of your sky box you will have to convert it using a box from John Sim/Keene electronics etc. The switchers can be found there as well...

3. bobcar

bobcar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    If you want component out of a Sky box you can also get it by having a DVD recorder in the way that outputs component, The DVD will have to be switched on though.