More Terrestrial FTA?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by MartinImber, Jan 11, 2002.

1. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Since ITV/On Digital are having problems, does anyone think more channels will go Free To Air.

I always thought Wellbeing should have since noone would pay for that channel.

I read rumours obut UK group going FTA as they would get a lot more viewers - if they did I would unsubscribe like a shot!

With the growth of IDTVs I am sure going FTA would vastly increase a lot of channels viewing figures.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    Under the current market conditions a channel going FTA would be a brave if not foolish decision and even then it would have to show home grown programming. The rights issue of broadcasting programs FTA would drive up the running costs dramatically and the advertising revenue is a shadow of it's former value.
    Personally the only FTA channel I watch on a regular basis is TCM(SKY D) and that survives because it's owns the rights to the movies it shows.