More starts today

grimoor

Established Member
Reaction score
Just a reminder that it starts today.

And they are showing the "Sopranos" from the start of Season One for anyone who never got around to seeing the series. Same time every night Mon-Thur.

The the programme "The Last Word" could be a laugh as well
"The show provides an alternative take on the days' events through lively debate, discussion and the occasional diatribe"

grimoor said:
And they are showing the "Sopranos" from the start of Season One for anyone who never got around to seeing the series. Same time every night Mon-Thur.
Already set my PVR to record all those. :thumbsup:

Do you know many series of Sopranos have been shown on terrestrial TV? I'd like to know how many I've missed. I think I saw the last two seasons (on C4 or Five, I forget which).

5 Series of Sopranos have run on UK tv to date.

Great first night - looks like a promising channel :smashin:

Really pleased to see that they are showing The Daily Show as it is the best thing on US TV - it's been going for years but no-one in the uk carried it, I used to love watching it when I lived over there...

Aww damn! Saw this thread too late and missed the first episode of Soprano's i don't suppose it'd repeated at all!? :confused:

I've set the Sky+ for tonights show and might give ER a try as never really watched that either.

Also what number is this on the EPG?

Thanks guys
Rob

More4 is on Channel 165

Don't think Sopranos is repeated for you :(

I suppose it's good if you like reruns of US imports. Unfortunately they don't do it for me so I think I'll only be an occasional viewer. And that bloody DOG is very annoying.

see they are repeating St Elsewhere :thumbsup: I used to love this show, hey its got Denzel Washington in it so it must be good :clap:

When does St. Elsewhere start? My digiguide can't find it.

on their web-site it says they will be showing it, but doesn't give a start date

Hi,

There have been a lot of complaints about More4 already!

Firstly, the fact that you can't actually receive this channel for free on Sky Digital. (You have to be a subscriber to at least their minimu of 2 "channel packs", before you can view it!) This means that OFCOM is likely to b*ll*ck Channel 4 for misleading viewers when they claimed that More4 could be seen free on Sky, Freeview and Cable.

As for St Elsewhere, it's likely to start in November 2005. And no, there are no repeats of "The Sopranos" or "ER"! They're shown once a day only, on Mndays to Thursdays (with ER also airing on a Friday as well)!

Pooch

Thanks for the heads up on the schedule. I see that they're showing the west wing series 6 but can anyone tell me if I'm right that C4 has only recently finished series 4? Was series 5 aired on E4 (as a freeview viewer I've only come to E4 recently). If so, is it being aired anywhere else? I don't really want to miss a whole series!

Regards

Chris

Hi,

Chris - C4 has aired Season 4 of "The West Wing", and will (hopefully) air Season 5. When, is another matter! :rolleyes: E4 have shown Season 5 of "The West Wing", and now More4 are airing Season 6. For terrestrial fans, though, this is another C4 cock-up! :mad:

Also, I'd like it to be known that people NEED to complain to Channel 4, the BBC's Watchdog programme, and/or OFCOM, and let Channel 4 know that they lied to us!

Channel 4's advertising - on Tv and in print - said that More4 would be availabel free-to-air on all digital platforms, including Freeview, Sky and Cable! This is actually a complete lie! When More4 started on Monday night, people who had Sky could NOT watch More4, unless they were subscribing to Sky's lowest-priced subscription package of at least 2 channel packages, costing £15 a month!

If you go to the More4 website, which is here , you will see no end of complaints! Do your bit, and let's make it known that Channel 4 can't keep p*ss*ng on its viewers any longer! I'm sick to the back teeth with these :censored: arse-wipes treating viewers with this amount of contempt, and getting away with it!

Stand up, complain, and let your voices be heard! Click here to complain to OFCOM! Channel 4 are SCUM! :mad: :clap:

Pooch

PoochJD said:
Channel 4 are SCUM! :mad: :clap:

A little perspective here maybe Pooch? "SCUM" is a little strong. Whatever teething trouble their may have been I still think Channel 4 are the best broadcaster in the UK.

Lex,

I'm sorry, Lex, but I stand by the strength of my words. My apologies if anyone feels offended by them.

Five or ten years ago, I'd have agreed with you about Channel 4 being the best terrestrial broadacaster. But if I produced a list for you, of all the screw-ups they'd made, you'd probably change your view.

Anyway, this time, they've pushed things too far now! I want them punished by OFCOM, so that they hopefully learn a lesson - that the viewers make them what their channel is, and if they keep acting the way they are, they will soon become known as Channel Chav, the sister channel to ITV Chav! :mad:

Pooch

Lex said:
....I still think Channel 4 are the best broadcaster in the UK.

mmm, not sure about that myself... they were say 10 or more years ago but I think they've had a serious dip in quality and perhaps More4 is a chance to recapture that.

My evidence for its decline: Big Brother (and Davina McCall), far too many property/hygiene/makeover shows, voyeuristic documentaries, far too many countdown shows (not as in the late Richard Whiteley, but "The 50 Greatest...." with input from nobheads like Iain Lee, Vernon Kaye et al), endless repeats of Friends, increased advertising airtime, insulting hidden camera shows with talentless pricks (i.e. Balls of Steel not Trigger Happy TV), Brookside turning into a pile of crap resulting in it being axed, Jo Wiley's prententious music chat show, RISE (and Iain Lee), screwing about with Alias Season 1 (then dropping it, and leaving ch five to kill it off on terrestrial TV), getting rid of science strands (eg. Equinox) and wildlife documentaries, vanity projects for Zoe Ball and Jamie Oliver, etc...

I definitely agree that Channel 4 used to be better, used to be more cutting edge and more radical; and I also agree that they could do better by showing less mainstream american imports and reality TV - but I honestly can't think of a broadcaster in this country that is any better than 4... ITV? Sky? Five? BBC? not for me.

ChrisA said:
Thanks for the heads up on the schedule. I see that they're showing the west wing series 6 but can anyone tell me if I'm right that C4 has only recently finished series 4? Was series 5 aired on E4 (as a freeview viewer I've only come to E4 recently). If so, is it being aired anywhere else? I don't really want to miss a whole series!

Regards

Chris

You can now also but the complete season 6 on rehion 2 UK dvd. It is to my knowledge one of the only times that you have been able to buy a show in the uk that has yet to be aired. Just another cock up channel 4 :(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom