1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

..more sony nw-hd3 recording q's??

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by kyussone, May 4, 2005.

1. kyussone

kyussone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi guys, thanks to you lot i bought one and its f~kin great, so i was wondering if anybody here could help me with some questions? i read through the other threads and didn't see any related topics, so here goes..

1/ can you record from any other sources to sonic stage/hd3? ie i got lots of vinyl and md's i want to put on the hd3,so is there some kind of analogue/usb adaptor etc available? what about editing/shortening tracks?

2/some cd's have stupidly low volume output, while others are really high, i don't suppose there's a way to set a recording level? or are there any tips for this problem? at the moment it really annoys me that my hd3 vol goes up and down according to some cd's!

thanks in advance!

:)

2. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1) you will have to get the tracks into a ,format the hd3 can recognise (atrac/mp3) if you search using google for vinyl to mp3 you should be able to do that. the mini disks are i think in atrac anyway so no problems there.

2)use a program like mp3 normaliser to get the same volume over a lot of albums.heres the download

hope that helps mate ;)

3. SteveG

SteveG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    The difference in volume between tracks has been bothering me too, so I stopped using shuffle in the end. Is there any downside to using this software, such as loss of quality in the mp3, or does it really just alter the volume and nothing else? I know there's a 10 file trial but just wanted to get some opinions before coughing up $20.

Pity you cant alter the volume in SS as you can in iTunes.

4. kyussone

kyussone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the info, much appreciated, excuse my lack of teck savi-ness, the SS library i have build up is in atrac+ format right? how does it work if the software is for mp3? do i need to convert it from the atrac?

:suicide:

5. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    latest ver of SS is 3.1 which has built in MP3 encoder. Just make sure you change settings so SS doesn't auto convert format when transsferring to a DAP or a CD