1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More SAMSUNG DVD 945

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Richard QC, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Richard QC

Richard QC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well according to the news item on the homecinemachoice web site (the host of this forum) this eagerly anticipated DVD player is available now for around £179.99. Do they know something we don't? Anybody got one yet??

On a related note, Samsung have done a news e-mailer, with one of these DVD players and a LCD TV as the prize, to be drawn on 07.02.2005, perhaps they are being a little more realistic about their own release dates?!

Waiting for some feedback from the first batch of owners, particularly on HDMI performance and multi-region hackability, please..........

2. asimm

asimm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Have searched on Google and all the other usual places - can't see anywhere in UK that stocks this or even talks about it (other than av forums). It is the cheapest HDMI around (you can get the Denon for about 190 but it isn't getting rave reviews for anything other than its HDMI picture).
    The Samsung site has a pretty poor picture of it - it doesn't look too attractive but the specs look impressive. No details of the upscaling hardware used - it would have to be good for me not to use the processor on my screenplay 4805.
    Good to see these kind of players coming out at at decent price - just need the leads to reduce now!

3. Kahless725

Kahless725

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think it is the same processor as the 4805? I think it looks nice as well but thats personal taste.

4. jrosado

jrosado
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. asimm

asimm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Oh dear Samsung. Dicn't know about the American version of av forums - another world opens!