• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

More questions that answers! (AKA Wanted Surround Sound, now who knows?)

CFC109

Standard Member
Hi everyone, Ive used this forum for many bits of advice in the past, but due to the quality of posts already on here i have always found my answer without having to actually post!
~So thanks in advance~
However, i popped on to check out some ideas for surround sound and have been left with far more questions than i thought i had to start with!
I am about to move house, going from a semi to a detached property. I have always held of getting decent speakers for the TV out of respect for the neighbours (i cant be trusted) - of course now i want to get set up right for the new living room! :)

I currently have TV with Sky HD and PS3. Simple!

I want to add a decent 5.1 surround system ('but reasonably priced - isnt it always the case?), preferably with Tall Boy speakers for the rear only.

All i wanted to know was what a decent system would be, so here i came.
Of course i started reading up on all sorts and now am left not knowing what i 'need' and what i 'want'!! Im no technophobe, but im a little out of date recently...

All i want to be able to do is watch TV with surround, use the PS3 (for gaming and Blu Ray) with surround and sometimes use the PS3 with sound from the T.V. (i.e. play a game with a music channel on the sound instead of the game.)

Do i need an AV receiver or is that unnecessary?

If its as simple as i hope, then i just need to know a good surround system (Black gloss would be ideal, with TV and PS3 being similar) - ideally for under £350.... ? :lease:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom