1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More questions on Fujitsu displays

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by zmbq, Jul 1, 2003.

1. zmbq

zmbq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In previous episodes, I was looking for a plasma display. Went to a close-by dealer to check the Fujitsu P50XHA10, was absolutely blown away by DVD PQ, and was utterly unimpressed by the quality of TV broadcasts. The satellite box was connected to the display through a composite cable.

Today I went to the official Fujitsu representitive in Israel, to see the P50XHA in another installation. They had a room full of Fujitsu displays, all connected with S-Video connections to a simple TEAC DVD and the same satellite box mentioned before. They also had a Daewoo display, mainly to show people what bad plasmas look like.

At first my focus was the P50XHA10, but the salesman tried to interest me in a P42HHS10 as well, and I didn't mind too much. There were other 42 inch displays there, but none of them compared to these two. The P50XHA was connected with an S-Video cable. The P42HHS10 has a single DVI input, plus a box that translates signals to DVI (the box contains all the inputs I will ever need).

TV broadcasts were considerably better than at the other dealer's. The low-quality stations were about the same level as my mom's back-projection 61" Sony. The higher-quality stations were better than that. I wonder how they'll all look using an RGB connection instead of an S-Video. The P42HHS displayed a better picture than the P50XHA, probably due to the box, which I suspect is a kind of scaler.

DVDs weren't all that impressive. I couldn't decide which of the two I prefer. They both showed a good picture (better than the TV), but it wasn't close to the breathtaking demonstration I've seen at the other dealer. Again, they used a simple DVD player and an S-Video connection.

I'm going to take my own DVD player there (a Sony 700NS) to try it out with an RGB connection, but I'd like to hear other people's opinions about the two displays.

Thanks again,
    Itay.

2. DEANO65

DEANO65

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ive just got this Fujitsu P50XHA10,and it is my opionion that its the best plasma on the market,i had a toshiba 36 crt picture frame before,iknew it would take a lot to beat pq,this has done it.im using component inputs and rgb for sky digital, hope this helps deano