1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More PV500 questions

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by dapex, Jun 6, 2005.

1. dapex

dapex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi all, I have now fallen in love with the PV500 based purly on peoples comments etc, i havn't yet been to a shop and seen one yet:) anyway, I have several choice open to me. Panasonic in leicester will do it for £2300 with 3yr waranty and the free dvd recorder (wall mount) or I can buy from Totaldigital with glass stand but without dvd recorder for £2249, or from currys for £2219 (with 5% off promo code) and then a further 5% back if I buy using my egg card so down to £2108, but that is without the free recorder and it is cabinet mounted.

Now then, I am yet uncertain where the screen will go, so I would like the cabinet and to then be able to wall mount it if we decide thsats the way forward (because of huge fireplace it will be pretty high up) so can anyone tell me if any of the universal tilting wall brackets will fit the 42"pv500 or not, and whats the general opinion of the free recorder? I currently have a philips dvd recorder and we never ever use it for recording now, cus its such a pain...

2. Jazz Monkey Jr

Jazz Monkey Jr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,596
    You can get a wall mount afterwards that will fit it, should be around £90 for a tilting.
    I am mounting it over the fireplace, mine will be quite high but I don't think it wil bother me.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214995

The 'free' DVD recorder is pretty good but the prices are cheaper without it so it can't be 'free'.
    I have just bought another DVD player and will be looking for the best deals without the DVD recorder. Totalbiz looking very good. £1949 with wall mount.