Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

More PS2 games are 480p supported? you only need a.

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Frankeh, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Frankeh

Frankeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I read the following on a gaming board:

do you guys know of this? games like MGS3 that says on the box there is no progressive scan option.. you simply can play in 480p with that Blaze VGA adaptor...

if true, I'd like to have a list with other games that can be playable at 480p

2. Frankeh

Frankeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone?

3. Golfpunk

Golfpunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Check out the review on Amazon - not good. Besides if its a VGA adapter, then it would be a progressive picture as thats how monitors work (or not if you believe the customer reviews :cool: )

4. Frankeh

Frankeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so, let me make this clear: If I buy this VGA adaptor, a game like MGS3 will look much more nicer on a projected screen (80", Sanyo Z3) than when I play the game without that VGA adaptor? (since MGS3 isn't 480p supported)

5. Frankeh

Frankeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    please, I need an answer on this :(

6. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    No it wont, all it will do is deinterlace the image

7. Nicky

Nicky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    The Blaze adapter is a wierd bit of kit (I've got one). It's a combination of hardware and a software preloader. As a rough estimate it works well on about 30-40% of games, playably but not great on another 30% or so and won't work on the rest.

It has four different modes, but when its working perfectly it seems to get the PS2 to produce a full 640x480 progressive image - it looks to me like the PS2 produces this internally but normally has to interlace it for TV output. GTA looked very good.

I haven't used this for a while (its tricky only being able to play 30% of games) but if anyone has any questions I'll dig it out and see if I can answer them. I'll dig out MGS2 and see if that works - don't have MGS3 I'm afraid.

Nick

8. Frankeh

Frankeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok that makes things clearer.. damn you don't have MGS3! You should man, it's an awesome game, buy it and let me know if it works with the adapter :D (or you can rent it if you don't have the money)