More Promises From Sony

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Rasczak, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,138
    A news article on High Def Digest is reporting Sony Pictures' worldwide president as saying 2 BD50 titles will ship before the end of 2006:

Read the report here

...nice to know we are going to have two BluRay discs worth buying by December :devil: Also in the article is the suggestion that the BluRay camp are keen to focus on extras rather than pure AV quality:

IMHO extras should be pushed to the back of the agenda whilst the picture and sound quality (which they have been focusing on!!!) is improved. God help BluRay if the picture and audio quality dips further to make room for 'extras'. :rolleyes:

2. Pinko

Pinko
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Hmmm, isn't 'Black Hawk Down' to be one of the first 50GB discs, the way there talking I bet you in 12 months time all the movie release thus far on 25GB will be re-released on 50GB, talk about double frigging dip :eek:

3. eternaldark

eternaldark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Sony might as well call Blu-Ray a day now and just leave it as the format for PS3 games, they've done very well in killing the format with all the fiasco thats going on.

Dont think theres going to be much of a format war as whenever I hear bluray all i think of is the problems they've had. By the time they sort out their act with DL discs and better codecs,HD DVD will have such a good lead.

4. DHAKA

DHAKA
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sony said end of this year I say end of next year. I dont care what Sony says. Let them deliver their promises first. As if they always keep their words :thumbsdow