1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More problems with Philips TV

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by clevejon, Jul 31, 2005.

1. clevejon

clevejon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apart from the atrocious sound (partially fixed under warranty but still worse than other similar TVs), I have 2 other problems related to the picture of my Philips 32PW9509.

The first occurs if I select the following menu option:

Demo\Dealer Demo\Digital Options\Motion Demo

In this mode, the screen goes mainly to monochrome (black and white) but with random splashes of colour where here is movement on screen. Does this indicate a probelm with the TV? What is the Motion Demo supposed to show (any other Philips 32PW9509 or similar owners out there?)

Secondly, when watching cable in most widescreen modes, there seems to be clipping of text information. For example, if someone is being interviewed and their name is displayed along the bottom of the screen or if credits are displayed on left hand side of the screen, first 2 or 3 text characters from the left will be missing. I think this may be something to do with aspect ratios/imge stretching but I though you would see the same or more information in widescreen, not less? Can anyone tell me if text clipping in widescreen modes.

Clevejon