1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Powerstrip woes

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by KW1816, Sep 2, 2004.

1. KW1816

KW1816

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I've just upgraded my HTPC and can't get Powerstrip set to 1:1 pixel matching on my projector.

I set it without a problem in my old HTPC but this one just doesn't want to work, 5 hours later I've decided I need help :lease:

PJ is a Panny PTAE100 and the GFX card is a ATI Radeon 9600 with driver ver 6.14.10.6458

I followed the same routine I did last time (I think, it was 2 years ago!) of installing the Sony widescren monitor driver, installing Powerstrip and set a custom resolution to match the one I had setup before. Everything looks fine until I go back to the 'Advance timing options' page where I find the 'Active pixels' number on the horizontal geometry has changed from 856 to 848 ???

The resolution looks 'almost' correct except that the display scrolls horizontally slightly when you move the cursor to the edge of the screen.

Any ideas ?

2. paul1672

paul1672

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    i seem to remember something similar happening to me when i set-up my hs10 pj using powerstrip and i just repasted the settings so they changed again to correct settings and all was fine.
    paul

3. KW1816

KW1816

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Tried that - along with uninstalling Powerstrip, removing all custom resolutions, manually entering all the settings and trying 3 different sets of settings - still no luck.

Ta anyway :)

4. Donnacha

Donnacha
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,499
    I had a problem with my new HCPC and the Panny Ae100. My orginal laptop worked fine, but I jcut souldn't set it up on the new C, with a Saphirre ATI 9600 crd. I emailed the Pwerstrip folks and they sent me a beta version of Powerstrip to try, which they claimed would work - and it did!

Try emailing them

5. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I think I recall a post here (or on avs) about some issue with the 9600..... a search in either place will tell you more. If you suspect that you've any incorrect numbers (although unlikely) a sarch on Pwerstrip and user name Hoglet will unearth a thread started by Headrat - Hoglet's 4th post in that thread has step-by-step instructions. If you've done it before I reckon that it's unlikely that you've got an error, but might be worth a quick recheck.

Sean.

6. Nick Cartwright

Nick Cartwright

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I upgraded by Graphics card from an old Radeon to a FX5700, had problems with Powerstrip, after checking on the Powerstrip forum I was told to just download the latest version.

It seems that changhes need to be made to accomodate new Cards. If the PS version you have came before the 9600 was released then PS won't recognise the card properly.

Nick

7. KW1816

KW1816

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Thanks for the suggestions - I came to it with a fresh head this morning and managed to fix it.

First of all I disabled multiple monitor support in P strip, hooked the PC up to a different monitor, deleted the custom resolutions I'd tried to set, made a REALY hot cup of tea ( :D ) and pasted in the settings again.

Everything looked fine so I saved the custom resolutions, created hotkeys for them and then hooked it back up to the projector.

It worked :clap: :clap:

I have no idea which of the above fixed it but at least I can get back to sorting Girder out :eek:

Ta all.