more Pixies dates

N

Nello

Pixies have added another 2 nights to the Brixton stint. Friday 4th June/Sat 5th June.

Tickets available from wayahead.com. £25 + B/F + postage, works out at nearly £30/ticket.

That is almost an unjustifiable amount for a gig, however, I couldn't help myself.

Rock on.

N

Nello

Sorry, I was too late telling you. Both nights have sold out in 1 hour.

How many of those do you reckon will be on ebay for an extortionate price? I've already seen some tickets for 2/3 June for sale for £200. Disgraceful. Those same touts will probably stop me going to Glastonbury this year, despite Mr Eavis' assurances.

Timmy C

Distinguished Member
£30 is well worth it for a chance to see The Pixies again. I nearly paid over £100 on ebay yesterday until a mate told me about the extra dates. I'll be there Friday and Saturday as well as the first 2 nights if the prices on ebay drop!

N

Nello

But most fans don't have the money to do that, and get priced out of seeing bands they love because someone with a Visa card can buy 4 tickets and then flog them all on ebay at 4*cost to someone else who has more disposable income than sense (this isn't a dig at you Timmy C, I know fans also are forced to buy from ebay). It self perpetuates because next time both of those people will do the same thing to make a fast buck, etc, etc.

I'm sure this argument has been done to death here (Glasto et al) but it does wind me up.

perhaps i need to leave western europe, or at least london, and go work on a kibbutz to get this out of my system

R

rhoamish

Have to agree, Nello. I'd give my right arm to see the Pixies, but I won't pay more than 30 quid (I'm sure that makes some kind of sense).

A

Azrikam

Originally posted by rhoamish
Have to agree, Nello. I'd give my right arm to see the Pixies, but I won't pay more than 30 quid (I'm sure that makes some kind of sense).
So for £40, I can have your right arm? Not sure what I'll do with it, but you got yourself a deal. :p

karkus30

Banned
Originally posted by Sick Boy
Oh my god! When did the pixies get back together? They're touring and I didn't get tickets.

Where is my mind? :suicide:

You and me both, tickets sold out in an hour :(

N

Nello

hold your horses, i betcha they'll do reading/leeds as well as t in the park...............

Timmy C

Distinguished Member
Glastonbury is the strong rumour but as far as I know tickets for that sell out super quick these days. It's not a cheap weekend either unless you take all your beer, food etc. with you. I believe they're also doing some of the Chilli peppers dates which are also sold out but I think getting a ticket will be a lot easier. I think I'll try for one of the Hyde Park gigs.

ag005613

Standard Member
Hi - yip - they are playing T in the Park this year. So I guess they ar doing some other festivals too. I'm looking forward to seeing them at T.

T is shaping up nicely already - Bowie, Muse, Darkness, Chemicals also confirmed.

MKPatrick

Novice Member
Originally posted by Sick Boy
Oh my god! When did the pixies get back together? They're touring and I didn't get tickets.

Where is my mind? :suicide:
I wouldn't be too disappointed - whilst, doubtless, they'll be good gigs, without the atmosphere and zeitgeist of the time when the Pixies were changing the face of rock music back in '87 - '90 it isn't like this is a major event. I actually didn't bother to take up the offer of tickets from a mate in the US who's worked with Francis because I'd rather remember the Pixies as the innovators of 17 years ago rather than the gravy train reunion they are in danger of appearing as.

Patrick

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom