1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More on DVD-A

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by rdg, Feb 8, 2003.

1. rdg

rdg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've posted before on my experiences of hearing DVD-A discs on Meridian gear, mainly the fabulous 800 series. As everything is great with the 800 series, and it's hardly real world pricing, the question could be how good is DVD-A on less costly gear. Having previously had a DVD32R from Tag (sadly stolen, if not missed - try getting a non-audiophile to play a disc) I decided to replace that player with a Meridian equivalent. I'd tried a 596, but because of DVD-A bought a 598. (It is a far superior player.)
    This player arrived concurrently with the Elvis DVD-A (my wife loves a little less conversation...) and I have to say the result is mindblowing. I don't like Elvis that much, but have been bowled over by just how amazing the disc sounds - much better than any CD I have! The representation of 1950s recordings defies belief; they are so vivid and rhythmically vital you can hear why so many fell under the spell.
    Vive le revolution...please.