More of the same. Newbie 5.1 questions

leonzon

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi
I have spoken to richer sounds.
I am considering either the denon avrx2400 or the sony strdn1080 amp.
They suggested the Mass 5.1 speaker package as the speakers.
Wiring for front 3 - Qed silver micro , Wiring for rear - Ca symph 200.

So my questions.
1. Is it worth the 100GBP for the switch up to the sony amp
2. I could get CA sx60 x2 , sx50 x2, sx120 x1 and sx70 x1 for a similar price as the Mass speakers, is that the better option.
3. What wiring for sub and are the above good cables ?

Any advice welcome.
I have looked at dolbys guide to 5.1 setup so that should be okay.
I do not have the benefit of going to listen to all these so it will be a blind buy.
I do have a yamaha yas soundbar and i found the speech to be poor in everything from HD tv sources to netflix etc . This would be the main reason for changing & as well as wanting a speaker set for music in our living room.

Can't really help, but from what I've read you could also go x4 Q Acoustics 3010i (sold as a pair), 3090 centre and 3070 sub, about another £100. Q Acoustics stuff seems to be well regarded for the money. I'd be interested to see what other options people suggest.

Q Accoustics 3010 are good speakers and you can buy four alongside the recommended centre. However you should look at a third party sub, such as BK, as they are far better than those usually bundled with a speaker package. You connect with a dedicated sub woofer cable. The Denon would be fine with any small speaker set up, indeed it would be equally at home with far bigger speakers such as a KEF Q150 package.

B.K. Electronics Homepage
KEF Q150 5.0 Speaker Package (KEF Q150 Bookshelf Speakers and KEF Q650C Centre Speaker) - Superfi

'I do have a yamaha yas soundbar and i found the speech to be poor in everything from HD tv sources to netflix etc . This would be the main reason for changing & as well as wanting a speaker set for music in our living room' - I would be suggesting you look at a higher quality speaker system and if budget dictates start out with a 2.0 or 2.1 system and then add the Centre and Surrounds as required.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom