More new shiny Apple toys !!

jont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like one of my daughters is going to inherit my video iPod!
:rotfl:

Sweet. I wish I had a chance to see those iPod designs before they were pulled.

I have been waiting to buy a new iPod for a few months now as I ripped all my music to Apple Lossless to sound good through my amp via Apple TV and my library is now 80GB (60GB Audio and 20GB video) and my 30GB iPod Video can't take it (not to mention the amount of use it got).

I hope they release a new 60GB iPod.

Looks like the most concrete "rumour" on new iPods so far. My 60Gb iPod photo is full (of music) and I could do with a new one. Hopefully they will have large capacity HDD models and not have all running on Flash (and relatively low capacity) memory. Coverflow would be great too.

nice! maybe it's not a bad time to sell my 60 GB ipod Video. The iphone Nano sounds interesting too!

I'm sure they'll all look super cool. Mr Ives is my hero :thumbsup:

I hope to have a new Ipod nano for Chrimbo, want a 2GB model for my car to use with an FM transmitter. I hope it will be a nice new design one :D

There is definately something on the horizon.
Where I work , we are very low on iPod stocks (Very unusual) and also
we have reduced the price of the nano's (2gb now £68.95, 4gb £98.95 etc)(very very unusual).

Also on most other mac sites, people are reporting very low stocks on ipods in most places, which is exactly what happened this time last year.

So all in all its looking good for an ipod update :thumbsup::thumbsup:

(Video ipod = iphone without the phone :lease::lease:)

I hope the rumours about the wide/fatty ipod nanos aren't true - surely Apple wouldn't release something that looked that ugly?

I would have agreed with you as it is very rare for Apple to make a mistake in the new design of a product. I think however, the photos going around the net have made it look fat by taking it out of context. Look below. I've gone from being a hater of it, to a lover of it in a matter of seconds.

nanomock_300.jpg

Where did you get that photo from? Is it real? If so, then I'm sold on the new phat nano - it doesn't look too bad in the flesh, in perspective. :smashin:

no, its a fake/mockup. But it does at least show that such a form factor could look nice.

Still have my fingers crossed for a phone-less iphone with more storage myself.

Touchscreen

Bluetooth with the ability to control my mac like(preferably better than) my phone would be cool & A2DP of course

Wi-Fi

100+ gb capacity

is that too much to ask?:smashin::thumbsdow

It'd be nice if it made a cuppa tea every morning too:D

I love all things I mac and I Pod, but if that is the new nano that is awful. I use the current one along with nike +, that shape is a pain in the erse and would ruin a decent wee relationship with nike.
It is also far too small for video, my other pod (80gb) is the smallest screen I would accept for video.

I love how people are so quick to criticise. The photo is a fake, NO ONE has seen the new iPod Nano yet everyone is slating it saying it looks crap :rolleyes:

Why not wait till Wed and perhaps see the new Nano in person before passing criticism.
An unknown company has even claimed to of made new cases for the new Nano that it has never seen. Don't believe the hype till Apple make it official.

Anyone know the exact time it will be announced (i.e. 6PM)?

I want to get ready and buy it as soon as it is released :D as I have been waiting for a new iPod months now.

starts at 10am san francisco time - not sure if apple is doing webcast but live text feeds from macworld/macrumors would be good to log on to ...

Jon

Anyone know the exact time it will be announced (i.e. 6PM)?

I want to get ready and buy it as soon as it is released :D as I have been waiting for a new iPod months now.

6pm GMT. Another good site is engadget. They usually have a live text style update (with pics)

1 day to go :arty:

The phoneless iPhone/ipod has to happen or else :suicide:.
I also hope they finally announce some Euro iPhone details

6pm GMT. Another good site is engadget. They usually have a live text style update (with pics)

1 day to go :arty:

The phoneless iPhone/ipod has to happen or else :suicide:.
I also hope they finally announce some Euro iPhone details

An 80GB iPhone without the phone (but with the WiFi and bluetooth) would do very nicely as an iPod.

i wouldn't have thought you'll get the slimness of the iphone with a hdd as well as all the extra electronics ... although it is as slim as the 30Gb ipod (around 11mm) and the rounded edges do make it feel much slimmer - tried and tested as per pic below ;-)

Jon

Attachments

• ooooh shiny.jpg
    ooooh shiny.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 77
An 80GB iPhone without the phone (but with the WiFi and bluetooth) would do very nicely as an iPod.

a 30gb one would do me :)

1 day : 2 hours : 23 mins to go :eek: geeky!!!!

I Can't see Apple giving the iPod at 160gb HDD, I thought there had been rumours that all iPods were going to be flash memory based in a bid to increase battery life. The rumours also state that the maximum size would be 16gb but there's no way Apple would do that.

Personally, seeing as you can now get 64gb flash based drives I think Apple might treat us to one of those - but I guess we'll see tomorrow...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom