• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

More money this month?

Dancook

Distinguished Member
So I was just looking at the salary calculator and it reminds me, are we a little better off at the end of the month?

Looks like I might be £19 better off (per month!) :)

Less tax?

Last edited:

Lancia34

Distinguished Member
Yep, non-taxed threshold goes up on 6th April - think I'm about £180-200 better off per year. P-a-r-t-y-t-i-m-e :thumbsup:

EDIT - other things are changing too but can't remember what :)

Miss Mandy

Haven't looked at a salary calculator yet, but I expect I'll be a couple of hundred pounds better off. Hopefully I'll get a payrise at the end of the month too which won't be much, but it does help. :)

KhalJimbo

Distinguished Member
So I was just looking at the salary calculator and it reminds me, are we a little better off at the end of the month?

Looks like I might be £19 better off (per month!) :)

Less tax?

Which one did you look at?

rousetafarian

For me April is always a good month as I get paid 4 weekly so 13 x annum, not monthly and it just so happens its our 'no-bill month'.

Saying that the company I work for as just been bought out by a larger business and they work in the real word so it's back to 12 pay days per annum and me moving direct debits to suit....

kav

Distinguished Member
I'm apparently better off by £6 per month...which doesn't really make up for being down >£200 a month since January.

Lancia34

Distinguished Member
For me certainly...April is the time for annual bonus and salary increase :clap::clap::clap:

I've got to wait until May/June then it's pay increase and bonus time...can't wait :thumbsup:

Not going to sniff at an extra £15pm either, it's all good.

D

Deleted member 92943

I'll be another £240 better off because of the Tax barrier. Got a £1200 a year Payrise and should save about £60 a month by cancelling things i dont need. Not too shabby

John

I think I am looking at a reduction :( due to a sideways movement at work. I am hoping though that it will be off set slightly by the fact I will be coming off shift for the first time ever, so the Leccy and gas usage will become negligible between 0830 & 1530.

Not sure anything will make up for not have 4 days off a week though :(

qwerty321

Distinguished Member
£28 more for me a month so £336 a year.

However, it is also the first month that I make a mortgage payment!

blue max

Distinguished Member
Dampener alert: You may have more in your pocket, but everything is going up much quicker. I'm sure most of us will be worse off.

qwerty321

Distinguished Member
My mortgage payment will be going down from £720 to £90 (if that), so I really do not share your pain :devil:

Excellent, you can help me out then. :devil:

Overall it isn't too bad because I was paying £400 a month to my parents and mortgage is £360 a month. Obviously more bills on top but not widely different.

sniffer66

Distinguished Member
3% payrise, 3 week yearly bonus and and extra £15 pm. And I sold a weeks holiday and get that this month as well

I like April :)

Tax man rapes me though :(

Geege

Prominent Member
Still on a public sector pay freeze
Still paying off my student loan (graduated in 2003)
Paying increase in pension thanks to Winsor report (I will pay 13.5% :eek:)

but yet I should be about £6 better off per month :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

does this mean I might get promoted from "New Affulent worker" to "Technical Middle Class" :D

Last edited:

Liquid101

Distinguished Member
£123 a month better off due to a small increment at work and the tax change - both due at the end of the month.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom