more mess room reverlations

L

lisa burrell

Can anyone shine a torch on this. This guy works with me says where his friend lives in a district of London. Near Heathrow Airport. If you walk round the streets people leave hi fi Big tvs computer equipment on the pavements outside there houses. To be taken away by who ever free of charge. Mainly because they have not the room to hoard it if they have bought new or they just do not want it. He said he saw a gorgouse pair of floor standing speakers outside on the pavement the over day.. Has anyone else encounterd this. It certainly dose not happen round hear. Mid you we get our road swept every day. That dose not happen anywhere else i imagine.

I'm from Bournemouth originally and in 25 years I don't remember getting our roads swept every day! You must be from a posh bit of the region!

this used to be a lot more common, people would leave nice bits outside their house that they no longer needed and anyone was welcome to just take it away, bits of furniture, white goods etc, altho i think they could only be there for so many days, then you would have to take it down the dump or get a fine (or get the council to pick it up if you couldnt get to the dump yourself)

you still see this happen a lot up north......the posh modern term for it is direct recycling...lol

This sometime's happen's when goods are locked away....i think the modern term for it is burglary........:)

this used to happen in newcastle (well, jesmond!) and a guy I knew managed to get a pair of big old speakers that sound pretty good - tho, this was before I got into hifi so, I'm not that sure what they were really like...but hey, not bad for free!

maybe he was settin up for a street party and your mate just nicked his lovely floor standing speakers!

ush flynn said:
maybe he was settin up for a street party and your mate just nicked his lovely floor standing speakers!

i was thinking ... not good for you i hear.....thinking .... Abdul going back to india and his father says in his best punjab english " how did you get on in that fine country called england my son"

Very very well father....

"tell me son are the streets paved with gold"

"No my father its is paved with TV sets and Stero equipment and computers"

Sorry.... :oops:

shadowritten said:
I'm from Bournemouth originally and in 25 years I don't remember getting our roads swept every day! You must be from a posh bit of the region!

MM very posh part almost to embarrased to say.. I think its to justify the amount of council tax my parents will have to pay..

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom